Rate and critique my team: 12 team H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate and critique my team: 12 team H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate and critique my team: 12 team H2H

Postby Ftown » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:51 pm

C Dioner Navarro
1st Adam Dunn
2nd Chase Utley
SS Jimmy Rollins
3rd Mark DeRosa
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Johnny Damon
OF Matt Holliday
Util Jay Bruce
BN Joey Votto
BN Mike Fontenot

SP Johan Santana
SP Rich Harden
RP Joba Chamberlain
RP George Sherrill
P Edinson Volquez
P Sean Marshall
P Matt Lindstrom
BN Kevin Gregg
BN Joey Devine
BN Jeremy Guthrie

I'm pleased with my hitters overall. I like that I can have Votto/Bruce at my Util slot and my middle infield is awfully good. My starting pitching I'm not worried about, except for maybe injury concerns. What my biggest concern is, is my relief pitching. Hopefully Gregg will get the closer position for Chicago. Any ideas how to improve my team are welcomed.
Ftown
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate and critique my team: 12 team H2H

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:55 pm

Solid team, would drop Guthrie for Maholm, Maholm will stabilize you ERA and WHIP and Guthrie had a horrid spring
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jovan1254 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:56 pm

Santana AND harden is pretty sick! Good pitching staff
jovan1254
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby High and Inside » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Ftown wrote:C Dioner Navarro
1st Adam Dunn
2nd Chase Utley
SS Jimmy Rollins
3rd Mark DeRosa
OF Bobby Abreu
OF Johnny Damon
OF Matt Holliday
Util Jay Bruce
BN Joey Votto
BN Mike Fontenot

SP Johan Santana
SP Rich Harden
RP Joba Chamberlain
RP George Sherrill
P Edinson Volquez
P Sean Marshall
P Matt Lindstrom
BN Kevin Gregg
BN Joey Devine
BN Jeremy Guthrie

I'm pleased with my hitters overall. I like that I can have Votto/Bruce at my Util slot and my middle infield is awfully good. My starting pitching I'm not worried about, except for maybe injury concerns. What my biggest concern is, is my relief pitching. Hopefully Gregg will get the closer position for Chicago. Any ideas how to improve my team are welcomed.

If I'm going to rate this I need you to answer me this...

How in God's name did you wind up with J.Ro, Holliday, Utley, and Santana, ... are you playing with a bunch of retards X-I

At mock draft central today they rank 8th, 13th, 14th & 17th

I call B.S or allow me to join this league next year.
High and Inside
College Coach
College Coach

Postby schmidty » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:26 pm

Let's see here ... the hitting looks pretty good. You did well in balancing out the low average of Dunn with other guys. Obviously you left C and 3B until late. I think Navarro will do fine you. DeRosa is pretty weak for corner infield though ... if you had to wait at 3B, I'd rather see someone like Beltre, Encarncion, or Gordon. Votto is terrific quality on your bench (he's a starter on my 12-team H2H squad). A hot start by him might allow for a trade down the line (either Votto, Dunn, or any of your OFers).

On to your pitching ... well, Johan is aces - no doubt about it. I avoid Harden like the plague though - don't trust him to stay healthy one bit. Joba looks really good, but an inning limit is a concern this year. Volquez is nice, but I'm iffy on Marshall and Guthrie. You could be in big trouble for closers. Lindstrom and Devine are hurting, Sherrill is sucking and has Ray breathing down his neck. I think you'll find yourself needing to do some WW picking to keep the pitching staff competitive.

Anyway, hope that helps. Have a look at my own 12-team H2H squad I just drafted: viewtopic.php?t=374491
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby schmidty » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 pm

High and Inside wrote:How in God's name did you wind up with J.Ro, Holliday, Utley, and Santana, ... are you playing with a bunch of retards X-I

And I call BS on posts like this :-t Rollins and Utley are certainly reasonable around the first turn. Holliday is slipping this year: 3rd to 5th round in many drafts. Johan is the only surprise dropper. But there have been rumblings of arm trouble, and some leagues just don't like to take pitching early. Selecting Johan early has a big impact on your team - it's not hard to see manager after manager think "I'd rather have a stud hitter than Johan" in the 1st and 2nd rounds.
Last edited by schmidty on Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby High and Inside » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:38 pm

schmidty wrote:
High and Inside wrote:How in God's name did you wind up with J.Ro, Holliday, Utley, and Santana, ... are you playing with a bunch of retards X-I

And I call BS on posts like this :-t Rollins and Utley are certainly reasonable around the first turn. Holliday is slipping this year: 3rd to 5th round in many drafts. Johan is the only surprise dropper. But there have been rumblings of arm trouble, and some leagues just don't to take pitching early. Selecting Johan early has a big impact on your team - it's not hard to see manager after manager think "I'd rather have a stud hitter than Johan" in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Maybe a little harsh in using the word B.S but I'd still LOVE to join that league, considering they are playing for cash, american currency, no pesos :-D

Everybody is a little touchy around here... the forums I hang at you need to have much thicker skin than somebody getting all roused over some foul language.

I'll go wash my mouth out with soap now :-X
High and Inside
College Coach
College Coach

Postby schmidty » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:51 pm

High and Inside wrote:
schmidty wrote:

And I call BS on posts like this :-t Rollins and Utley are certainly reasonable around the first turn. Holliday is slipping this year: 3rd to 5th round in many drafts. Johan is the only surprise dropper. But there have been rumblings of arm trouble, and some leagues just don't to take pitching early. Selecting Johan early has a big impact on your team - it's not hard to see manager after manager think "I'd rather have a stud hitter than Johan" in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Maybe a little harsh in using the word B.S but I'd still LOVE to join that league, considering they are playing for cash, american currency, no pesos :-D

Everybody is a little touchy around here... the forums I hang at you need to have much thicker skin than somebody getting all roused over some foul language.

You don't get it. It's not the language ... there was no language. Who on earth would get offended at the initials "BS". It's the fact that you post in this guy's thread to his team - but offer no help, and are condescending and insulting to him. Why post at all? Especially when his team isn't anywhere as unreasonable as you seem to think.
schmidty
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby High and Inside » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:11 pm

schmidty wrote:
High and Inside wrote:
schmidty wrote:

You don't get it. It's not the language ... there was no language. Who on earth would get offended at the initials "BS". It's the fact that you post in this guy's thread to his team - but offer no help, and are condescending and insulting to him. Why post at all? Especially when his team isn't anywhere as unreasonable as you seem to think.

First thing I said was "If I'm going to rate this I need you to answer me this...

How in God's name did you wind up with J.Ro, Holliday, Utley, and Santana,"

Once I see the picks and where they fell I may choose to offer some advice/insight. Lots of interweb people stretch the truth, not everything on here is 100% correct.....mmmmmmmmmmmk

Now that we got that out of the way I'll wait on the O.P to show me draft spots...although that may very well be his team I still think that's incredible to draft 4 of (let's say Holliday slides a round) the top 30.... very unbelievable IMO.
High and Inside
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team