Jordan Schafer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jordan Schafer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Jordan Schafer

Postby hot4tx » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 am

I like Schafer a lot this year. He could be that Nate McLouth guy that everyone saw something from but he outdoes expectations. Or he could end up being a 10-10 OF that platoons starting mid-summer. A great late-round grab that could surprise and has his manager's backing and plays good enough defense that he won't quickly lose his job if he slumps early, but not someone I would feel comfortable with counting on as a starting OF in most leagues.
hot4tx
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:54 am

Trojan Pony wrote:Anderson is now a Detroit Tiger.

haha not talking about THAT Anderson... your talkin bout Josh Anderson going to D-Town, this thread is talking about Garret Anderson... and IMO he will DH obviously to start the season, but they say he will be back in the field soon there after (once healthy) i don't care how much Bobby Cox loves this kid if you have a viable option when healthy in the field like Anderson (yes hes old but guy still KNOWS how to swing a bat) could be very helpful for the development of a young kid like Schafer, no sense in rushing this kid into troubles when you still have a dependable vet like Anderson when healthy, now i think it all goes out the window if Anderson cant stay healthy, but if he does he will play over Schafer hands down...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Trojan Pony » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:48 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:

haha not talking about THAT Anderson... your talkin bout Josh Anderson going to D-Town, this thread is talking about Garret Anderson...

The guy who posted before me was saying something about Josh Anderson being the CF in Atlanta.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Trojan Pony » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Oh, wait, you're right... He never actually said "Josh", I just assumed, cuz I guess it didn't even cross my mind that Garret Anderson would get the majority of starts in CF... my mistake.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby pmatt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Trojan Pony wrote:...that Garret Anderson would get the majority of starts in CF... my mistake.

he won't mark my words
pmatt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:32 pm

pmatt wrote:
Trojan Pony wrote:...that Garret Anderson would get the majority of starts in CF... my mistake.

he won't mark my words

back it up, don't just say 'he won't' and move on... why don't you think he will? if healthy there is NO WAY they can bench him, hes solid hits for a good average, still has some pop in the bat and is a reliable vet... come on put some thought into your posts...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby pmatt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:03 pm

If you look through 95% of my posts I provide insight on almost every opinion I give....probably among some of the better backed up opinions. Take a look before criticizing.

When it comes to providing an opinion on what you think a manager will do the only thing you can do is provide a gold ole "gut feeling". My gut tells me Bobby Cox will give Schafer all the playing time he can give him with out causing club house grumblings. It has always Bobby's way though in Atlanta. Andruw Jones was one of Bobby's favorite for a long long time...and from the very beginning really. Bobby likes superb defense in a CF, he'll get that and a good bat with Schafer. So there's my philosophy on why my gut is telling me Schafer gets 400-450ABs this year.

That's my opinion...as they say everyone's got one...
pmatt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby haymarket » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:50 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:

haha not talking about THAT Anderson... your talkin bout Josh Anderson going to D-Town, this thread is talking about Garret Anderson... and IMO he will DH obviously to start the season, but they say he will be back in the field soon there after (once healthy) i don't care how much Bobby Cox loves this kid if you have a viable option when healthy in the field like Anderson (yes hes old but guy still KNOWS how to swing a bat) could be very helpful for the development of a young kid like Schafer, no sense in rushing this kid into troubles when you still have a dependable vet like Anderson when healthy, now i think it all goes out the window if Anderson cant stay healthy, but if he does he will play over Schafer hands down...

Yes, obviously he will be the DH....for the Braves......in the NATIONAL LEAGUE :-S
haymarket
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mortician » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 pm

im so confused right now, I have to stop reading this thread before my head explodes.......... :-S
Mortician
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates