Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:13 pm

rainman23 wrote:What's the nature of this customization feature, Genie? What kinds of things are you able to do in there? I haven't been a commissioner in several years....

It's probably for keeper leagues who trade picks or for teams who get draft pick compensation for not keeping players
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:17 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:
rainman23 wrote:What's the nature of this customization feature, Genie? What kinds of things are you able to do in there? I haven't been a commissioner in several years....

It's probably for keeper leagues who trade picks or for teams who get draft pick compensation for not keeping players

Primarily so. I've described it in detail in other threads, but in short it lets the commish assign any pick to any team, and pre-assign any player to any pick, just so long as all teams end up with the same number of picks/players in the end.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby rainman23 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:39 pm

Whoa, Hardy Boys. Some serious jumping to conclusions here. Our commissioner had the 10th position in the original sequence, 12th in the revised one. And we all knew the draft order that was drawn, totally outside the Yahoo site. All the commissioner was doing was attempting to enter that sequence. There was no opportunity to sneak something past the rest of the league. If the problem resulted from her actions, I'm sure it was completely unintentional.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby rainman23 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:07 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:
rainman23 wrote:What's the nature of this customization feature, Genie? What kinds of things are you able to do in there? I haven't been a commissioner in several years....

It's probably for keeper leagues who trade picks or for teams who get draft pick compensation for not keeping players

Primarily so. I've described it in detail in other threads, but in short it lets the commish assign any pick to any team, and pre-assign any player to any pick, just so long as all teams end up with the same number of picks/players in the end.


Does it let you do this sequence in round 1, then replace it with this other sequence for rounds 2-21? Or use the entered positions in round 1, then randomize?

If some of your other responses already describe the functions in detail, I'll see if I can find some of those...
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby thedude » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:22 pm

rainman23 wrote:Whoa, Hardy Boys. Some serious jumping to conclusions here. Our commissioner had the 10th position in the original sequence, 12th in the revised one. And we all knew the draft order that was drawn, totally outside the Yahoo site. All the commissioner was doing was attempting to enter that sequence. There was no opportunity to sneak something past the rest of the league. If the problem resulted from her actions, I'm sure it was completely unintentional.


thedude wrote:IMO, unless your league agreed to some special draft order, the commish touched something he shouldn't have been touching.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:34 pm

There is no way you guys shouldn't demand to do that draft over, even if it was an innocent mistake. I wouldn't assume he's cheating, as it'd be easy to play around with things and forget you set something, but it is completely unfair at this point. You guys have to re-draft.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2148
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fenway Park, RF Roof Deck

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:50 pm

rainman23 wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:It's probably for keeper leagues who trade picks or for teams who get draft pick compensation for not keeping players

Primarily so. I've described it in detail in other threads, but in short it lets the commish assign any pick to any team, and pre-assign any player to any pick, just so long as all teams end up with the same number of picks/players in the end.


Does it let you do this sequence in round 1, then replace it with this other sequence for rounds 2-21? Or use the entered positions in round 1, then randomize?

If some of your other responses already describe the functions in detail, I'll see if I can find some of those...

It looks exactly like your commish picked an order to use for all rounds (which is the first step you do), then tweaked individual picks in round one for some reason.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1388
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 1 Feb 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby rainman23 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:27 am

Thanks. I haven't seen the user interface, so I can't say much with certainty. But it seems that with that last step she felt like she was setting the order for the entire draft. I'm clueless how the original values got set. But thank you for your help.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby RynoDyno » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:50 am

rainman23 wrote:she


i'm no yahoo tech, but I've spotted the problem senor. i'd tell her to get back in the kitchen and bake you other managers a cherry cobbler while the men do what men always do and fix the mess that was caused. if it takes too long to fix this mess, i would also demand vanilla ice cream on the side. :-X
DaSh 1s wrote:PS how do u not want to cup the best player in baseball's sack?


ewwww
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 274
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo draft re-sorts after first pick?

Postby rainman23 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:55 am

RynoDyno wrote:
rainman23 wrote:she


i'm no yahoo tech, but I've spotted the problem senor. i'd tell her to get back in the kitchen and bake you other managers a cherry cobbler while the men do what men always do and fix the mess that was caused. if it takes too long to fix this mess, i would also demand vanilla ice cream on the side. :-X


I felt silly, dodging that pronoun for a while to increase the ideas-to-noise ratio. Thanks for keeping cynicism alive.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Philadelphia at Atlanta
(1:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Boston at Tampa Bay
(1:10 pm)
indoors
Minnesota at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(2:15 pm)
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(4:05 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(8:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact