Need League Positions/Categories Help - 6 or 8 team H2H - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need League Positions/Categories Help - 6 or 8 team H2H

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need League Positions/Categories Help - 6 or 8 team H2H

Postby mdgoalie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Hey, this is my first time playing fantasy baseball so it is also my first time being commish. (I play fantasy hockey and fantasy football though) As you can see, we have a very low amount of owners and it is more likely that we have 6 than 8. This presents a problem because of the amount of depth that can be found on the waiver wire. Therefore, I am trying to set up a league with a whole lot of positions to fill for each team and I just wanted to ask some of you veterans if you have any advice on if I am going into overkill zone or if there are some other things to change.

Right now
C x1
1B x1
2B x1
SS x1
3B x1
MI x2
CI x2
OF x6
Util x2
Bench x like 3-5
DL x2-3

SP x6
RP x3

It seems like a little too much, at least in the infielder category, but even with that many picks, that means only MI/CI in the top 30 (top 15 of each position) will be playing everyday.
Pitchers almost seems like it is too shallow still, as only SPs in the top 40-50 will play.
I don't know, in some ways it seems like too few, in some ways too many, but I'd like to get some feedback as to how good of an idea this is.

Also, do you guys prefer SP/RP or just P? I like the idea of separating them so you pick up some relief pitchers that may not be closers but still very good (good set up guys and middle relievers), but I am kind of worried about SP's with RP eligibility like Joba. How widespread are SP's with RP eligibility and is it something I need to worry about?

For stat categories, I was looking at 6x6 - R, HR, RBI, SB, TB, OBP; W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, QS (I like total bases because it takes into account that a triple is worth more than a double, which is worth more than a single, while not having to use slugging or ops) but was also eyeing other stat categories like outs and IP

I want to encourage owners to play their players every day so a lot of my categories are total stat categories instead of /per something and I figured I would only put a few bench spots in and limit the number of moves per week to discourage streaming. (how few is too few?)

Okay, for those of you who have made it this far, congratulations on making it through my incredibly long winded post, and I hope you will post if you have any ideas/recommendations/rants for me.

Thanks
Matt
mdgoalie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner