14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 pm

14-team H2H Points league (not categories)...we count pretty much everything including holds and -1 for batter KOs. We kept 4 this year and keep 7 next year (which is why I picked Kershaw and Gallardo early...plus most top pitchers were kept this year). THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS

PICK NUMBER IN PARENTHESES
Hitting (Starters)
C-Martin (103)
1B-Cabrera (keeper)
2B-Kinsler (keeper)
SS-Ramirez (keeper)
3B-Gordon (187)
OF-Hamilton (keeper)
OF-Hart (150)
OF-Kemp (94)
OF-Kubel (262)
DH-Adrian Gonzalez (75)
U-N Johnson (327)
U-K Morales (299)

Bench: Daniel Murphy (346), Andy Laroche (374), Fontenot (402), Barmes (411), G Beckham (430), S Smith (439), T Buck (467), John Baker (FA)

Pitching (Start all 14)
Gallardo (66)
Kershaw (122)
Fuentes (131)
Slowey (159)
Parra (178)
Kuroda (206)
JO Sanchez (215)
Marshall (234)
A Sanchez (271)
Perkins (290)
Hanrahan (318)
Lyon (355)
S Lewis (Waivers)
J McDonald (FA)

DL: K Escobar (383), Bonderman (243), RHill (FA)
MINORS: Brett Anderson (FA), David Huff (FA)
Last edited by NittanyLions1 on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 960
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H...tons of picks...what do you think?? WHIR

Postby aravtrain21 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:59 pm

First of all, thanks for your advice on my team. Now, to yours...The first thing I would do is try and shore up my OF. Then, upgrade my U options. Murphy should be ahead of Morales.Your staff looks pretty good especially since you start all 14. I would keep an eye on Jose Arredondo just in case Fuentes falters at some point. If you don't mind, put up a list of FA batters and pitchers. I can get a better scope of where you can upgrade, if at all.
aravtrain21
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 159
Joined: 3 May 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H...tons of picks...what do you think?? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:49 am

aravtrain21 wrote:First of all, thanks for your advice on my team. Now, to yours...The first thing I would do is try and shore up my OF. Then, upgrade my U options. Murphy should be ahead of Morales.Your staff looks pretty good especially since you start all 14. I would keep an eye on Jose Arredondo just in case Fuentes falters at some point. If you don't mind, put up a list of FA batters and pitchers. I can get a better scope of where you can upgrade, if at all.


Thanks for the thoughts. Before I list players, let me just say I felt the core of my offense was strong enough that I could try and hit on a few 'sleepers' for the 4th OF and Utility spots. Also, since we carry 8 bench hitters it gives me a bit more flexibility trying to find those 'sleepers' as opposed to pitchers where we start them all. So that was my strategy, and since we start a ton of players, is why I have a few question marks in those areas. Also, now that Murphy is a #2 hitter, I was looking at starting him more in one of those Utility spots...definitely a good suggestion (although I like Morales also). Unfortunately, I was beaten to Arredondo in the draft (would have never taken him as early as someone did) so I just need to cross my fingers on Fuentes. SO, after that intro (sorry, I get long winded sometime) here is a list of FA's...

Batters: Hundley, Mathis, Zaun, Montero, Barajas, Shealy, Frandsen, K Matsui, Castillo, Alex Gonzalez, Wilson, E Aybar, Lugo, Everett, Punto, Blum, J Guzman, J Anderson, Morgan, Pie, B Anderson, Rasmus, Baldelli, Hoffpauir, Pearce

Pitchers: Glavine, Ohlendorf, Balester, Correia, Backe, Prior, C Cordero, J McDonald, Schmidt, Adenhart, Eaton, Penn, Hochevar, Washburn, Silva, Feldman, Outman, Mills, Weathers, Nunez, Hawkins, Yates, Merideth, Howry, Saito, Cruz, Lewis, Marte, Crain, Lowe, Batista, Downs, Guardado, Accardo

One that I was looking at is E Aybar for my SS backup instead of Barmes but I like that Barmes has 2B,SS eligibility and seems to have more ABs right now as Aybar has Izturis there...of course Barmes could have Stewart with him soon also. There are some OF's maybe but they all seem pretty much like similar wildcards to me (so I mostly tried to throw out the ones that K alot). Anyone you see in these slim pickins???...THANKS AGAIN!
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 960
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H Point...tons of picks...what do you think? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:37 pm

Any other thoughts on mine? ...like maybe how many points I finish ahead of the second place team :-D
Thanks
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 960
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby pappymojo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:35 pm

for such a deep league, you're team looks great. I worry about Gordon for 3B and would maybe want one more closer which you can probably pick up during the season. Those are relatively minor concerns and Gordon is young enough to maybe blossom.

thanks for your help with mine.
pappymojo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1025
Joined: 28 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: boston

Re: 14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:05 pm

pappymojo wrote:for such a deep league, you're team looks great. I worry about Gordon for 3B and would maybe want one more closer which you can probably pick up during the season. Those are relatively minor concerns and Gordon is young enough to maybe blossom.

thanks for your help with mine.


Thanks, yeah I worry a bit about my 3B situation also. Gordon could be great but if not then my fall back Laroche could either be good/great or in the minors! Would be sweet if Murphy rested Wright a few games at 3B to give me more options but thats a long shot I guess! Keeping an eye on the closers but since its not categories starters are often more valuable. Thanks for the comments
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 960
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby TheGinner » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 pm

NittanyLions1 wrote:14-team H2H Points league (not categories)...we count pretty much everything including holds and -1 for batter KOs. We kept 4 this year and keep 7 next year (which is why I picked Kershaw and Gallardo early...plus most top pitchers were kept this year). THANKS FOR ALL COMMENTS

PICK NUMBER IN PARENTHESES
Hitting (Starters)
C-Martin (103)
1B-Cabrera (keeper)
2B-Kinsler (keeper)
SS-Ramirez (keeper)
3B-Gordon (187)
OF-Hamilton (keeper)
OF-Hart (150)
OF-Kemp (94)
OF-Kubel (262)
DH-Adrian Gonzalez (75)
U-N Johnson (327)
U-K Morales (299)

Bench: Daniel Murphy (346), Andy Laroche (374), Fontenot (402), Barmes (411), G Beckham (430), S Smith (439), T Buck (467), John Baker (Waivers)

Pitching (Start all 14)
Gallardo (66)
Kershaw (122)
Fuentes (131)
Slowey (159)
Parra (178)
Kuroda (206)
JO Sanchez (215)
Marshall (234)
Bonderman (243)
A Sanchez (271)
Perkins (290)
Hanrahan (318)
Lyon (355)
S Lewis (Waivers)

DL: K Escobar (383)
MINORS: Brett Anderson (Waivers), David Huff (Waivers)


I think for a 14 team league and how deep it is you have a great team. 14 pitchers all starting, and you ahve 14 good pitchers. I'd have to agree with the rest that 3B is the only question mark, but Gordon has nowhere but up to go from here. Thanks for the help on mine, and good luck ;-D
TheGinner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 613
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks so far for the comments everyone. I'm liking my team more and more everyday!! Despite losing Bondo for a few weeks, I look at it as a positive as I was able to pick up J McDonald for my staff. I like his potential with a good Dodger team. If he does well I keep/or trade bait him...if not he's dropped when Escobar/Bondo return. I also dropped Cecil and picked up Brett Anderson who looks to be starting in the majors...stashed him in the minors as another good backup option imo. Finally, I added R Hill as soon as he got DL status...not much hope here but a wildcard in a DL spot I wasnt using isnt a bad move right! Bring on the season already!!

Any other moves, comments, etc. you would make? Thanks cafe...
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 960
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby zechs » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:57 pm

Other than 3B, another concern would be your starting pitching -- too heavy on the upside IMO. With that being said, just let the season play out and address your weakness(es) along the way.
Your team may not be at "full strength" until May/early June, so you still have to worry about at least the month of April to grind through.

Help me out? viewtopic.php?t=375014
14tm.,H2H,8x8:
C-BMolina 1B-Votto 2B-Utley 3B-Youk SS-Furcal LF-JDamon CF-BJUpton
RF-ARios UT-DLee BN-Scutaro,CBlake,Schumaker DL-JReyes
SP-SBaker RP-ABailey P-Saito,Hawkins,JJohnson,Dempster,Danks,JShields,Garza
BN-Correia,JDuch,Rowland-Smith,JGarcia
zechs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 663
Joined: 5 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14-team H2H Points...deep league...what do you think? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:55 pm

zechs wrote:Other than 3B, another concern would be your starting pitching -- too heavy on the upside IMO. With that being said, just let the season play out and address your weakness(es) along the way.
Your team may not be at "full strength" until May/early June, so you still have to worry about at least the month of April to grind through.

Help me out? viewtopic.php?t=375014


Thanks for the comments zechs, you're exactly right that my pitching is a too unpredictable right now. I kind of had to design it that way since most good pitchers were kept...I prefer to build solid hitting first though anyway and then pick up mostly high upside pitching. So by design I guess I took on almost all my risk there. Thinking I have all year to build a good staff though and it is usually easier to do that than try to build hitting right? LETS JUST HOPE I CAN MAKE IT THROUGH APRIL SOMEWHERE NEAR THE TOP OF THE PACK :-D ;-D . Thanks again, now to yours...
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 960
Joined: 5 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: neuronss and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact