A's oh-so-close To Opening Season With BOTH Whiz Kids - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A's oh-so-close To Opening Season With BOTH Whiz Kids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: A's oh-so-close To Opening Season With BOTH Whiz Kids

Postby Real Deal » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:36 pm

per rotoworld:
Justin Duchscherer is scheduled for surgery on his right elbow next week, manager Bob Geren told the San Francisco Chronicle.

It's not yet known exactly what's going on in Duchscherer's elbow, so there's no telling when he might pitch again. Without their ace, the A's are left with a rotation of Dallas Braden, Sean Gallagher, Dana Eveland and probably Trevor Cahill in the fourth slot. Barring a late acquisition, Brett Anderson looks like the favorite for the last opening. Mar. 27 - 7:16 pm et

wow!! now this is interesting... hopefully i can control myself from the crack addiction of "prospects" when i draft sunday!
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:40 pm

I may be in the minority here, but I think Anderson (if given a spot) is in for a better season than Cahill. Better K/BB rate and more polished IMO. I actually did a fair amount of research on both for my dynasty league draft and opted for Anderson > Cahill.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby King Tim » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:14 pm

I like to see these two tear up AAA for a few months before being recalled. I hope this move doesn't backfire on them.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Inukchuk wrote:AD, if there were only one to come up, it would probably be Cahill, no?

rookies and cream wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I think Anderson (if given a spot) is in for a better season than Cahill. Better K/BB rate and more polished IMO. I actually did a fair amount of research on both for my dynasty league draft and opted for Anderson > Cahill.

It really depends on what they want. Everybody has been raving about how polished and professional Anderson is, but then others have been yakking about Cahill's deadly power sinker.

I'm guessing in a rotation with nobody over 25 they might like the polish. But then that could be moot as they both could/should be up now. Interesting to see which gets the 4 and which gets the 5 spots, because 5 pitches a bit less - it could tell you what they the front office thinks of them. :-?
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Yoda » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:19 pm

King Tim wrote:I like to see these two tear up AAA for a few months before being recalled. I hope this move doesn't backfire on them.

A's rarely send their kids to AAA. Frankly, AAA is overrated. Most career minor leaguers tend to hang around AAA while all the hot new, top prospects are at AA.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby rookies and cream » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Cahill roughed up a bit tonight...
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby King Tim » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Yoda wrote:
King Tim wrote:I like to see these two tear up AAA for a few months before being recalled. I hope this move doesn't backfire on them.

A's rarely send their kids to AAA. Frankly, AAA is overrated. Most career minor leaguers tend to hang around AAA while all the hot new, top prospects are at AA.

This statement might make more sense if these kids had spent a decent amount of time in AA, but they didn't. We're looking at a jump from A+ to the majors with a small dose of AA, Olympics, and AAA playoffs (only Anderson). I'm just worried that they are being rushed to fast.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 am

King Tim wrote:
Yoda wrote:

This statement might make more sense if these kids had spent a decent amount of time in AA, but they didn't. We're looking at a jump from A+ to the majors with a small dose of AA, Olympics, and AAA playoffs (only Anderson). I'm just worried that they are being rushed to fast.

If there is an organization that knows their pitchers, it's the A's. I trust that they will do the right thing.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:24 am

Yoda wrote:
King Tim wrote:
Yoda wrote:

If there is an organization that knows their pitchers, it's the A's. I trust that they will do the right thing.

;-D

Best at knowing their own players.
Worst medical staff ;-7 :-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:49 am

AussieDodger wrote:Best at knowing their own players.
Worst medical staff ;-7 :-D

that's cuz they can't give out HGH to heal their players anymore. :-B
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers