1. What was your draft strategy? I didn't really have a strategy going in this year although it seems that drafting MI was my priority, it wasn't until it came to my pick and I felt with the SS left, JROll was a good choice and Utley is healthy so I couldn't pass him up there. ** edit - I did have one strategy in using the MDP sheet and if I saw a guy getting close to or past his 'low' pick I tried to pick him up.
2. Who do you think was the steal of the draft? Arod. I was salivating as it came close to my turn then Oscar took him. Even if he misses a month, Arod in the third round is a steal given what he will do the rest of the season and he is so consistent. Another steal is DempsterIF he duplicates his season from last year.
3. Who do you think was the reach of the draft? I thought Marmol went high although I think that his MDP is too high anyway since he has not nailed down the job yet but maybe I don't know the situation as well as others.
4. Who do you think will finish in the top 3? I think Cheese will finish in top 3, as far as the other 2, I can't really tell, the future is too cloudy so i consulted teh magic 8 ball and asked "Will oscar come in the top 3? and the answer was Absolutely!" I asked the same for myself and got the same answer though so I went for a third try for Rock and got "my sources say no." So there you have it Cheese, myself and oscar. I stopped after that but see next question.
5. Who do you think will finish in the bottom 3? Well, i applied the same to the above and asked "will cheese/me/oscar finish in bottom 3 and I got the following answers: My sources say no, No way and my sources say no. Fortunately for the Rock, he got a "no way" there as well. Since I was interested to see how this kept going, the following people in random order got the following messages: Legia = "no way", beerdogs =" maybe", Oopah=" maybe" OldStyle" ask again later", thomas "no way", rbv "maybe", SC21 "Yes" Shockers "absolutely. So there you have it, shockers, SC21 and then one of the following: beerdogs, Oopah, Old Style or RBV.
6. The best pick that you made: None of them really are the 'best' although Oscar likes my DeJesus pick a lot
I like my pick of Matsui at end of round 17 because he can easily go 90/20/90/295 as a DH which is great value at that spot
7. The worst pick that you made: I went too high on alex rios and zambrano. I personally hate encarnacion and did not want him on my team but by the time i drafted a 3b, did not see much else out there. I wanted cantu a few spots earlier in the draft but didn't get the chance.
8. What player is the biggest key to your success? I have a few older guys like Lee, Matsui, Damon, Percival that are probably the keys as long as they don't break down.
9. Your team's weak/strong points: My weakest point is saves and while i would have liked to say I woudl pick up guys on waivers who end up getting closer gigs, I really think most of those guys were drafted too!