How's my team look? (OBP league) WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

How's my team look? (OBP league) WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's my team look? (OBP league) WHIR

Postby aramis16 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Just drafted, what do yall think? Any category I really need any help?

11-team, 5x5 roto league, except we use OBP instead of AVG.

I like my offense, good power (might need some more SBs). Solid pitching staff, but would like to add one or two more SP through trade or WW. There are some decent FA SP, so I will get one later on when I can figure out who to drop.

C-P. Sandoval/M. Wieters
1B-P. Fielder
2B-D. Uggla
3B-D. Wright
SS-F. Lopez
OF-J. Bay
OF-N. McLouth
OF-J. Damon/J. Upton
Util-C. Pena
Util-E. Dukes/J. Upton

bench-Wieters
bench-J. Upton

SP: Sabathia, D. Haren, R. Nolasco, R. Dempster, A. Harang
RP: B. Lidge, K. Gregg, J. Motte, B. Morrow, C. Ray (I'm pretty sure Gregg will get the job, Motte should get it as well in STL. Ray is a speculative pick with his spring performance and Sherrill's 2008 struggles, will drop Ray for a FA if he doesn't win the job soon)

Thanks, WHIR
Last edited by aramis16 on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
-Rogers Hornsby
aramis16
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How's my team look? (OBP league) WHIR

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:53 pm

i like the looks of the offense aside from Lopez, hes got value simply cuz he plays multiple positions but i think having to play him at your everyday SS position is gonna hurt your offense more then you think... i do agree i would look to move someone to get some more SB, maybe you can sell duke's hype for some SB and then rotate Upton and Konerko (who i think is in for a big year this year) at your UTIL spot... Your staff also looks solid, id be cautious tho with Nolasco, seeing how his arm holds up this year after the most IP of his career last year, might cause some issues very nice #4 and #5 with Dempster (#2 potentially the #1 by the end of the year on a very very strong cubs club) and harang who i think bounces back... now for your relievers i do agree Gregg will be closing for the cubs if not by opening day very soon after, but Motte may have the spot just like Marmol will for the cubs, for a very short time... no way this cat holds the spot over STL Prized possession in Chris Perez, he will loose the spot to Perez as soon as Perez is back up to game speed... and i do also agree with the Ray comment... solid team, nice draft...

help me out....

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372863&p=2991685#p2991685

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby gimpybunter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:10 pm

Very solid squad. I think if Damon stays healthy you will be ok at the steals slot. Maybe look for another guy like you said. But wouldn't give away to much and hurt other catogories. I actually really like your starting rotation. If healthy that squad could carry you far. Your relief pitching needs things to fall right.

Solid Draft-B+
gimpybunter
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby jlm53089 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:21 pm

Weak in closers.
Hitting is pretty nice, however I dont like Felipe Lopez.
You had a very solid draft,just give the WW sometime for another pitcher or two.
And I think you split Dukes and Upton just right.

Good job ;-D

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=373790
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:33 pm

I like your team, I think you did a nice job drafting a well balanced squad. I agree with the other poster, I am not a huge fan of Felipe Lopez. As we all know shortstop is a very very shallow position and is hard to fill with a quality player. Lopez is definitely serviceable but I think you could do a little better with a trade, (possibly upgrade to Hardy, Aviles, or if you want to take a chance go for Furcal.)

Help me out?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=375843
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team