How many leagues can you handle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many leagues can you handle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How many leagues can you handle?

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:22 pm

broomulack wrote:
jtsandwich wrote:I can easy handle 4 without it causing a problem with the little lady.

Now my buddy is the record holder, he is single and this year he told me he is up to 43!!

I told him he is an idiot and try to get a life.

That's insanity. I am in 3 now, used to do upwards of 8-9 but most of them were cheap filler leagues to either A. practice drafting to see where players were being valued so that I would have a better idea for my big draft, or B. feed my draft addiction.

Drafts/auctions are like tattoos - once you do one, you have the urge/need to do more.

I agree, I got addicted to the drafting, did my first auction stye draft

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374440

It is very addicting to draft, I play Baseball Mogul, just so I can do the front office, work, I really don't care what happens in the season with those games lol

and yes I have several Tattoos as well, better not get some Heroin in front of me lol, then i might be in trouble
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carnac » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:24 pm

I can handle up to 4-5 leagues (did it about 4 or 5 years ago). But enjoy the season MUCH more if I only play in my two private money leagues, which I have done the last few years.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 71)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Carnac » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Ditto on the draft addiction post. I used the public leagues to practice for my real drafts. Just find it boring to play with teams I don't know. Don't do it anymore.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Yeah I think I will have about 5-6 abandoned teams this season, my focus is on my Yahoo league I created, my CBS league and my Keeper League

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=374440
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Grouperman941 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Most I've done is 5, which was tough to stay on top of.

I am down to two for this year to focus on defending my money league championship.
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Carnac » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:17 pm

Why draft and abandon your teams? Not fair to rest of league. I always play teams through. Just don't enjoy public leagues enough to continue.
Carnac
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BrooklynBums » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:36 pm

I played 6 leagues (all yahoo standard 12 teamers) my first year of playing FB (2007). 3 first place, 3 second
I diversified a bit last year, played in 4 standard yahoo, 2 10-team espn, and 1 12-team FOX league - 5 first place, 1 second, 1 third

However, this year I will do at most two (almost definitely 12 team yahoo). Managing 7 daily leagues last year became difficult as I started college in the fall, and I simply cant put that much time into so many leagues (well, without my GPA suffering !+) ). My one third place team would've been a second place finish if I hadn't been sleeping in on the last day of the season and remembered to start Jesse Litsch. Not sure why I care so much about public leagues, but if I start them I feel like I have to devote myself completely to them.

Another thing I learned last year - FOX leagues are the ones you should be in if you don't have a lot of time. I managed my team maybe twice a week and won by 45 points :-b
BrooklynBums
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Well when I abandon teams I usually drop and trade everyone first and jst puck up injured and horrible plays and let the rest of the league have my good players, I figure if I am giving up I might as well let everyone else have my spoils, so its not like I have Albert Pujols on my bench and hits for the cycle or anything
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Padres Fan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:27 pm

forgot to mention also I usually wait till mid season, and if I am middle of pack or lower, thats when I usually give up on a league
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:44 pm

Padres Fan wrote:Well when I abandon teams I usually drop and trade everyone first and jst puck up injured and horrible plays and let the rest of the league have my good players, I figure if I am giving up I might as well let everyone else have my spoils, so its not like I have Albert Pujols on my bench and hits for the cycle or anything

You're upsetting the entire balance of the league when you drop your roster. How could you think you're doing a favor for anyone?
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers