How many leagues can you handle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many leagues can you handle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How many leagues can you handle?

Postby Matthias » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:00 am

I suppose it would be different for weekly leagues, but the most I can handle doing only daily leagues is two. I tried three one year and it was just too much. It would take 20 minutes or more just to log into each of them and make sure the lineups were active which didn't leave much time to analyze what was available and what I needed and what I could propose to people.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:07 am

Doing 4 this year, but going to be a lot of work because they're very diverse. I have a 12 team 5x5 roto cafe league, 12 team H2H points league at work, 14 team 5x5 H2H cafe league, and a 14 team 6x6 roto keeper league. It's already been an adventure prepping for 4 completely different drafts.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby giambiformvp » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:25 am

I usually do 2 money leagues a year but this year I'm doing 3. We'll see how this works out.
giambiformvp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WickedSmaat » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 am

5 yahoo, 1 CBS

I only maxed out my yahoo since I would be there anyways. but 2 cafe leagues(1 each), 1 Y! expert Roto league, 1 Friends H2H, 1 Public H2H with my CBS being a H2H
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Well since the economy is [mod edit], I have 15 team, with 16 drafting tonight, I am a contactor and have worked on a total of 10 days in the last 2 months lol, luckily I married for money, lots of time to play FB and play in my band, but usually I would do 2-3
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Grounded Polo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:58 pm

Padres Fan wrote:Well since the economy is $hitty, I have 15 team, with 16 drafting tonight, I am a contactor and have worked on a total of 10 days in the last 2 months lol, luckily I married for money, lots of time to play FB and play in my band, but usually I would do 2-3

Wow @ 16 teams. I think my most ever may have been that much but that included midseason teams and I was 14 and had nothing better to do. :-B
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Padres Fan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Well I have nothing better to do but sit around do soem remodeling at home, and play my Bass, and I wake at 6:30 every morning go to bed about midnight or 1 am, so I have to do something
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby j24jags » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:20 pm

5s my max usually
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby swyck » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:59 am

Peeig wrote:The reason I am asking this is that I used to do one league..........then as I added the additional leagues, I noticed, it really isn't much more work to do another league and then another (with the exception of draft prep), because you know the player pool by then and you can recognize your needs quickly based on doing it more often. I really want to find out what is the boundary for this.......is 8 leagues too many, is 10, is 20???

Not much more work I agree, but is it as much fun? I like to know my team, and my players, not to have everyone on one team or the other. I guess it depends on how you want to play.

I've done as many as 7 and I've been at 3 the last few years.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby broomulack » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 pm

jtsandwich wrote:I can easy handle 4 without it causing a problem with the little lady.

Now my buddy is the record holder, he is single and this year he told me he is up to 43!!

I told him he is an idiot and try to get a life.

That's insanity. I am in 3 now, used to do upwards of 8-9 but most of them were cheap filler leagues to either A. practice drafting to see where players were being valued so that I would have a better idea for my big draft, or B. feed my draft addiction.

Drafts/auctions are like tattoos - once you do one, you have the urge/need to do more.
broomulack
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers