How many leagues can you handle? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many leagues can you handle?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: How many leagues can you handle?

Postby Peeig » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:10 am

The reason I am asking this is that I used to do one league..........then as I added the additional leagues, I noticed, it really isn't much more work to do another league and then another (with the exception of draft prep), because you know the player pool by then and you can recognize your needs quickly based on doing it more often. I really want to find out what is the boundary for this.......is 8 leagues too many, is 10, is 20???
See more dumb thoughts that I have at http://mrdeliciousgambling.blogspot.com/
Peeig
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Peeig wrote:The reason I am asking this is that I used to do one league..........then as I added the additional leagues, I noticed, it really isn't much more work to do another league and then another (with the exception of draft prep), because you know the player pool by then and you can recognize your needs quickly based on doing it more often. I really want to find out what is the boundary for this.......is 8 leagues too many, is 10, is 20???

I know guys who can handle 2 max, and others who juggle 10 no problem. I find it cumbersome when I can't remember things like exactly who are Free Agents or on a particular team or hell, even on my team, in every single league I'm in. This year I'm in 6 leagues, and I nearly took a 7th but I was able to get somebody else to take my spot. 6 is probably too many as is, but I'll manage.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:18 am

i think another thing to consider is daily vs weekly leagues. 4/5 of my leagues are weekly lineup submissions...i still check on my scoring and FA's and things like that throught the week, but i dont haveto do it every day. i think dealing with 5 daily leagues would be a pain.

also, another thing that's tought is when breaking injury news or callup news hits and i have to decide what league i want to try and pick that player up in first :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:31 am

yep.. if your in multiple leagues, its all about prioritizing.. you gotta know which ones you are emotionally invested in and which are just practice..

if your in like five leagues then pretty much every time your watching baseball tonight and you see a homerun, you're like.. sweet, i've got him on one of my teams... at some point you have to draw the line with weather you care or not..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby KCollins1304 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 pm

I did 9 last year and didn't enjoy it. I'm down to 4 this year. It just gets to be a pain to go through the motions of setting all the lineups and becomes less fun for me.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 pm

It's been a while since I've done more than four in a season, but this year I'm doing five - all of which are Cafe leagues. When I was at four, I decided I'd do one more since two of the teams are roto leagues with weekly lineups, no bench, and transaction limits. If they were all daily leagues, I wouldn't be able to comfortably do more than three or four at the most.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:42 pm

I can handle 4 and be aggressive in each of them. That is my limit. When I have more than 4 I start to lose track of my teams.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:39 pm

Depends on the leagues. I play 6 but 3 of them have no bench and moves are limited so they don't take that much time day to day.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:54 pm

I'm in 7 this year. More than half of them are roto weekly and three are daily H2H. Playing weeklies takes out some of the daily pressure of having to rush to make FA/WW adds.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:08 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm in 7 this year. More than half of them are roto weekly and three are daily H2H. Playing weeklies takes out some of the daily pressure of having to rush to make FA/WW adds.

i'm no David Beckham with "the maths" but i was able to deduce that your are in 4 roto weekly leagues
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers