Project Prospect - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Project Prospect

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Project Prospect

Postby J35J » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:58 pm

Curtis Pride wrote:They are laughably obsessed with "upside" and shiny new toys

Every time they do a "top 5" or "top 10" prospects on a team, half of those listed are teenagers and most drafted in the most recent draft.

Yup, this type of thing was brought up when the main guy still posted on these boards. But its still a fine site since it is regularly updated I just tend to take some of the rankings and everything with a grain of salt.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 361)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 am

J35J wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think its a little biased and egotistical but what prospect site isn't?

LOL ;-D

Its a decent site but I remember when the originator was a member here...can't remember his name and he would comment on players and then say, hey, give me a break I've only followed minor leaguers for the last month or two....then a couple months later he has this site up....I was like :-? %-6 I don't check the site often but it seems like the rankings are constantly changing....even in the offseason.

Adam Foster?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
J35J wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:I think its a little biased and egotistical but what prospect site isn't?

LOL ;-D

Its a decent site but I remember when the originator was a member here...can't remember his name and he would comment on players and then say, hey, give me a break I've only followed minor leaguers for the last month or two....then a couple months later he has this site up....I was like :-? %-6 I don't check the site often but it seems like the rankings are constantly changing....even in the offseason.

Adam Foster?

Yeah, he got banned from the cafe because he kept advertising his site.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby AEMRICH » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 pm

i frequent the site quite a bit- it is always nice to get different pov. they have good info about prospects moving up and down, and tracking- they always have a good section on college players which is always a nice extra to have. I think each site has it's own flaws and own biases. There are also some great past interviews with some top prospects that are posted on the site that are a lot of fun to read- and throughout the year they often discuss players who were ranked outside of the top 100 to start the year and give some guys who fly under the radar that we should know about- last year using project prospect i found freddie freeman- the year before that austin jackson and desmond jennings.
College Tuition: $12,000
Room & Board: $5,600
Books: $500
Food Plan: $2000
Not going to college and living with your parents: Priceless
AEMRICH
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball