THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 am

MasterX1918 wrote:It's happening again. Somehow, someway Rickie Weeks is my starting 2B in a 12 team roto league. HOW CAN THIS BE.

it's not your fault..... it's not your fault.... it's not your fault.... it's not your fault.... it's not your fault.... it's not your fault.... it's NOT your fault... it's NOT your fault IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!!!!

he's a jerk.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Inukchuk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:26 am

I once saw Rickie Weeks helping an old lady across the street.

Of course, then he stole her purse and ran away. At least he was kinda nice, though...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:It's happening again. Somehow, someway Rickie Weeks is my starting 2B in a 12 team roto league. HOW CAN THIS BE.

Rickie Weeks is Agent Smith to Sassy's Neo.

Only by drafting Sassy wil you be able to fix your problem. But hurry, before Rickie Weeks infects all of your players, creating carbon copies of himself.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:14 pm

I also heard that Rickie Weeks corked Sammy Sosa's bat. And then he put in a hairline fracture to ensure that it would break.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynoDyno » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:58 pm

By the way, Rickie's been training all off-season and feels he deserves a spot in the Fat Sluggers thread:

I got my flippy floppies and my boombox ready for some boiled goose. What say you?
DaSh 1s wrote:PS how do u not want to cup the best player in baseball's sack?

ewwww
RynoDyno
College Coach
College Coach

Postby master453 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:29 pm

as someone that lives in the brewers area and watches a lot of their games i'm convinced that the "hype" and "upside" to weeks really isnt there. he is very athletically gifted but his approach to hitting is brutal. as is his defense at 2b. imo, weeks will never consistently hit for a high (ie .280 and up) average. weeks just isnt going to be hanley. and i think thats where the disappointment and loathing comes from. if you just let weeks be weeks and stop dreaming for the moon you'll realize weeks really does have a lot to offer.

in real life, you couldnt pay me to start weeks on my mlb team at 2b (maybe in CF though...). for fantasy purposes though, i am a huge fan of weeks. and i think at his current valuation (yahoo rank 191) he is criminally undervalued.

career 162 game averages of two guys
.245/111/19/57/28
.262/82/21/79/23

not a major difference. similar age, same position. yahoo ranks 24 vs 191. really?

obviously brandon phillips is a more "stable" (job security/health) player than weeks so that has to be accounted for. but say weeks stays healthy and the brewers bite the bullet and keep him at 2b for the next couple years. and he just continues to produce at his current rate, not improving at all. then what? sure he's a disappointment because he didnt become a hanley-like god, but he'd still have to be considered a darn good player for fantasy purposes- particularly at his current valuation.
master453
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby killertofu2222 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:31 pm

master453 wrote:as someone that lives in the brewers area and watches a lot of their games i'm convinced that the "hype" and "upside" to weeks really isnt there. he is very athletically gifted but his approach to hitting is brutal. as is his defense at 2b. imo, weeks will never consistently hit for a high (ie .280 and up) average. weeks just isnt going to be hanley. and i think thats where the disappointment and loathing comes from. if you just let weeks be weeks and stop dreaming for the moon you'll realize weeks really does have a lot to offer.

in real life, you couldnt pay me to start weeks on my mlb team at 2b (maybe in CF though...). for fantasy purposes though, i am a huge fan of weeks. and i think at his current valuation (yahoo rank 191) he is criminally undervalued.

career 162 game averages of two guys
.245/111/19/57/28
.262/82/21/79/23

not a major difference. similar age, same position. yahoo ranks 24 vs 191. really?

obviously brandon phillips is a more "stable" (job security/health) player than weeks so that has to be accounted for. but say weeks stays healthy and the brewers bite the bullet and keep him at 2b for the next couple years. and he just continues to produce at his current rate, not improving at all. then what? sure he's a disappointment because he didnt become a hanley-like god, but he'd still have to be considered a darn good player for fantasy purposes- particularly at his current valuation.

BLASPHEMY!

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:53 pm

It was the 18th round!!! You want me to start Mark Ellis. OK so Aaron Hill was still out there but look at Weeks upside.
Stop looking at me like that. I have Barmes as a backup.

:~( :~( :~(
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:56 pm

Cards07Champs wrote:Weeks is just the Oliver Perez of position players.

Last season I gave up on Ollie. However, when you look at his 2007, he was very helpful. The problem came when you tried to spot start him. If you did that, you'd inevitably spot start him on his bad starts and bench him on his good ones.

The only solution was to start him every time knowing that on the aggregate, you'd get a good pitcher out of it.

Weeks is the same way. You absolutely CANNOT spot start the kid. You either make a commitment to his talent and start him every day, or you stay away. If you start him every day, you'll have plenty of days where he goes 0-4 with 2 Ks, but you'll also get the 3-4 with a HR and 2 SBs days. On balance, you'll have a plus 2bman.

That's assuming that the Brewers give him ABs.

If you're willing to ride out his bad games in order to ensure you catch his good ones, Weeks is a fine player to grab, especially around 220-250.

Yeah but 2B is significantly deeper this year than in year's past, so only in like, 16 + teams are you going to start running Rickie Weeks out there every day.

I've been burned by this mug far too often to ever count on him again. Especially in H2H.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:57 pm

Rickie Weeks is the only reason why the large hadron collider stopped working. What a jerk.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting