THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD

Postby fezzik » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:33 am

Ender wrote:Just wasn't a match for any of my teams and yeah he is risky no matter what since his poor defense means every little slump has a chance to interrupt his playtime. On one team I have Alexis Ramirez for a 2B and Drew at SS with Johnson at MI and in my second league Weeks went in like the 10th round which is just too early at this point to draft him no matter what I expect from him.

Hey, I agree with you...it could easily workout that the year I don't draft him to a team he busts out a monster season. He has shown he can draw a walk, hit for power, and steal bases. If he puts all his tools together he could be a monster, and it's that allure that makes me want to draft him each year. It's just that this thread is mostly full of silliness and I see no reason why that should change.

Weeks hacked my yahoo account last season before a game just to add himself into my fantasy lineup at 2B...he then proceeded to go 0/5 with 3K's to prove a point. I left him in for the next game, but right before game time he hacked in again and benched himself...then promptly proceed to go 3/5 with 1HR and 2SBs. What a jerk.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ayebatter » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:50 am

Guess I'm just a half glass full type, I love Rickie Weeks, and Weeks has helped me be on the winning side many times, of course he's never been on any of my teams at the time. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)

Postby j24jags » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:56 am

He always is taken way too early for my liking. People see 25/25 potential from a 2B and reach for him, they clearly overlook his painful average and poor plate approach...
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tavish » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:57 am

j24jags wrote:He always is taken way too early for my liking. People see 25/25 potential from a 2B and reach for him, they clearly overlook his painful average and poor plate approach...

And that he is a jerk...

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 am

j24jags wrote:He always is taken way too early for my liking. People see 25/25 potential from a 2B and reach for him, they clearly overlook his painful average and poor plate approach...

I think he is more 20/20 potential and he doesn't get enough RBI. I do agree he is taken too early for sure. I still think this is the year that he goes off and puts up good numbers, partially because I don't own him and partially because he has had wacky BABIPs the last couple of years and at least part of it last year was just bad luck since I watch him every day I saw all the line shots right at guys in April last year when he struggled so much.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Kraftwerk » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:35 am

Rickie Weeks killed Bambi :-t
Kraftwerk
College Coach
College Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:18 am

Kraftwerk wrote:Rickie Weeks killed Bambi :-t

He also drives fast cars around an oval track.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:44 am

fezzik wrote:
Weeks hacked my yahoo account last season before a game just to add himself into my fantasy lineup at 2B...he then proceeded to go 0/5 with 3K's to prove a point. I left him in for the next game, but right before game time he hacked in again and benched himself...then promptly proceed to go 3/5 with 1HR and 2SBs. What a jerk.

this right here.. this is the reason Rickie Weeks is a jerk. because not only does he suck, but he finds a way to sneak into your lineup and then spreads he suckieness all around. I mean, lots of people suck. ask travis Hafner. but at least when Travis Hafner sucks he knows to stay the hell out of your lineup. Rickie Weeks steps into my lineup on day one last year, hits two homeruns and steals a base in the first week. I'm thinking I really got something here... next thing I know Rickie kicks Tulo in the hammy, punches Prince Fielder in the nuts and the first two months of my fantasy season are down the tubes. Jerk.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby MasterX1918 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 am

It's happening again. Somehow, someway Rickie Weeks is my starting 2B in a 12 team roto league. HOW CAN THIS BE.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby markj11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:12 am

MasterX1918 wrote:It's happening again. Somehow, someway Rickie Weeks is my starting 2B in a 12 team roto league. HOW CAN THIS BE.

The problem doesn't seem to be drafting him, the problem is not wanting to drop him.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting