THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: THE OFFICIAL "RICKIE WEEKS IS A JERK" THREAD

Postby fezzik » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 am

Ender wrote:
Tavish wrote:
Ender wrote:What makes him even more of a jerk is the fact that you all have given up on him and this will be the first time he puts up $20 value.

That's the sort of thinking that will get you into trouble.

I own him on 0 teams so I find that hard to believe~ I still think it is a true statement.

Just not true enough to draft him on any teams... :-b

I avoided Mr. Weeks this season, although there were a couple times I was ready to grab him around round 18-20 but was beaten to him. I would like to thank those managers who snatched his loathsome cankerous bat from my lineup.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:13 am

fezzik wrote:

I avoided Mr. Weeks this season, although there were a couple times I was ready to grab him around round 18-20 but was beaten to him. I would like to thank those managers who snatched his loathsome cankerous bat from my lineup.

Just wasn't a match for any of my teams and yeah he is risky no matter what since his poor defense means every little slump has a chance to interrupt his playtime. On one team I have Alexis Ramirez for a 2B and Drew at SS with Johnson at MI and in my second league Weeks went in like the 10th round which is just too early at this point to draft him no matter what I expect from him.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:15 am

fezzik wrote:

Yeah, you don't need Weeks' help to suck this year ;-7 :-b

<3
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:24 am

Weeks just strikes me as an honest upside guy. All he needs to do is raise his BABIP to .300 and play fulltime and he becomes a top 10 2B. He isn't a guy like say Kendrick who hasn't show an ability to hit for power or steal on a regular basis so even if he stays healthy has questionable value.

If you take the 'best' of each of Weeks stat lines you get .279, 89 R, 46 RBI, 16 HR, 25 SB and that is only 129 games played so there is even more upside. Take the best of Kendrick and you get .322, 55 R, 39 RBI, 5 HR, 11 SB in 92 games. Prorate that to 129 games and Weeks still blows him away as Kendrick is at 77 R. 55 RBI, 7 HR, 15 SB. Losing 9 HR, 10 SB, 12 R for 9 RBI and some AVG isn't worth it to me.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Box » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:55 am

Tavish wrote:
Ender wrote:What makes him even more of a jerk is the fact that you all have given up on him and this will be the first time he puts up $20 value.

That's the sort of thinking that will get you into trouble.

Hate to repeat myself, but: "upside"

Go nuts, idiots
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby djxskillz » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:00 am

how many at bats do you guys predict weeks to get this year?
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:08 am

Wow...this thread is almost as lame as the final episode of Battlestar Gallactica.

And just for the record, Weeks does stink, but everyone knows that so I do not get the hostility. Like complaining about Luis Castillo.

You want a guy to hate...try Randy Johnson (only pitches well when on your bench), Aaron Harang (wow did he stink last year or what) and Robinson Cannot (as in can not hit, can not field, can not think, etc.).
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:16 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:You want a guy to hate...try Randy Johnson (only pitches well when on your bench)

Sorry I will not allow you to besmirch RJ's good name. He has no place in this thread.

:-t
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Box » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:18 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:Wow...this thread is almost as lame as the final episode of Battlestar Gallactica.

And just for the record, Weeks does stink, but everyone knows that so I do not get the hostility. Like complaining about Luis Castillo.

You want a guy to hate...try Randy Johnson (only pitches well when on your bench), Aaron Harang (wow did he stink last year or what) and Robinson Cannot (as in can not hit, can not field, can not think, etc.).

Those three have always on my "do not draft" list. Overhyped on all accounts. Yet I still fell into the Rickie Weeks trap last season. Go figure.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:19 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:Wow...this thread is almost as lame as the final episode of Battlestar Gallactica.

I thought you were going to say Brian Cashman.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting