NL only prospects - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

NL only prospects

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NL only prospects

Postby King Cormac » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 am

Hey Guys! I have the 7th and 9th picks in the 1st round of my minor league draft this Sunday. Who are the Top 20 NL Minors Prospects? Don't forget the Jason Motte's and Jordan Zimmerman's of the world. And that is actually the crux of my dilemma! Do I bump these guys up a notch because I can draft them, and they can contribute RIGHT NOW?

This is a keeper league. You have to activate prospects according to MLB rookie rules(except for the 45 days on active roster). This is a 20 yr. old league. I have the 7th and 9th picks. I figured asking for 20 would give me that! When activated, a pitcher would be $3 rookie year, and $6 2nd yr. 3rd year, you can keep him at $6, and then lose him. Or, sign him for 1 additional year at $11. Or, 2 additional years for $16. So, if you max out on a pitcher, you could have him for 5 years, and topping out at $16. A hitter would be $5, $10. Then options would be $10,$15,$20, depending on contract, if any, you sign him too.

I am thinking of taking Motte at 7. Just want to get some opinions!
Some farm guys already owned:
Bumgarner
Scherzer
McCutchen
Rasmus
Gamel
Heyward
Maybin
Fowler
Schafer
Villalona
Vitters
Parker
King Cormac
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL only prospects

Postby hybrid » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:52 pm

First off it's hard to make a list unless you know what direction your going in. If you can take time with prospects or if you want them up really quick. That said the top 6 I'd say are defiantly above the rest. After that though you could prolly move guys up or down a few spots depending on need, how far away they are, and any other variance you can think of. This really isn't my personal list, so much as trying to give fair value to guys who will be up soon or far away.

1 - Pedro Alvarez - obvious #1 for me
2 - Tommy Hanson - easy #2 for me
3 - Logan Morrison - broke out, and I don't question his power
4 - Mike Stanton - risky ... risky player, if you want to go safer move up down below Wallace
5 - Yonder Alonso - polished guy w/ power and nice park
6 - Brett Wallace - no one questions his bat, his position is still a question mark if he can't stay at 3b though
7 - Jordan Zimmerman - not a big fan, but does have nice numbers and should be up soon if not to start theyear
8 - Buster Posey - here more for position and not really that I think he is that good
9 - Andrew Lambo - really like his bat and think he can make a jump this year if he progresses well
10 - Kyle Blanks - close to the majors, but blocked and home park isn't the best
11 - Matt Dominguez - really came on after slow start
12 - Freddie Freeman - could have some issues at higher evel with agressive hitting, but at 18 he had a great year
13 - Jhoulys Chacin - he's good, I just dont trust the rockies and sp
14 - Dominic Brown - great discipline, could break out when he developes that power... I could prolly have him higher
15 - Brett Lawrie - great great bat, just no idea where he will play ... I'm guessing OF in the end
16 - Jose Tabata - still like the kid, great bat and apprach ... but a lot rests on him developing his power
17 - Wilmer Flores - want to take a risk? he's your guy
18 - Alcides Escobar - not sold on his bat yet, but if it comes along he should be a nice SS with his speed
19 - Kyle Skipworth - h.s. catchers are risky but he has big upside
20 - at this point you could make a case for a lot, but since you have picks 7 & 9, I'm guessing you wont need 20
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: NL only prospects

Postby King Cormac » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks.
I have:
Alvarez
Hanson
Wallace
Morrison
Alonso
Stanton
Posey
Zimmerman
Motte

I have Zimmerman and Motte 8 and 9, simply b/c they will be on Opening day Roster. They should have immediate impact. I guess you could incluse Gaby Sanchez with this group, though I think he a bit overrated.

I then have Brown, Flores, and Tabata. Tabata being married to a 43 yr. old makes no sense. And then she kidnaps a kid! Lawrie will be plating 2B, b/c of lack of depth at the position in Mil.
King Cormac
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Minor League & College Baseball