Yahoo: games start March 30? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo: games start March 30?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo: games start March 30?

Postby Bogey9906 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:46 pm

Genie, can you change this for next year? Make 'Week 1' run for only 8 days from the Sunday night opener to the following Sunday, instead of the full two weeks from Monday to Sunday. This would allow drafts and roster submissions as late as the Saturday right before the season starts. Just a couple of lines of code, right? ;-)
Last edited by Bogey9906 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey9906
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Bogey9906 wrote:Genie, can you change this for next year? Make 'Week 1' run for only 8 days from the Sunday night opener to the following Sunday, instead of the full two weeks from Sunday to Sunday. This would allow drafts and roster submissions as late as the Saturday right before the season starts. Just a couple of lines of code, right? ;-)

that would be nice...i played weekly Yahoo last year and lineups had to be submitted like Sunday night rather than 30 minutes before the 1st game (or 5 minutes or whatever)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby fiz » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:As for the draft client disconnecting, I certainly haven't heard widespread reports of this. It could be a function of your dial-up connection, as we have very few users on dial-up these days.

My draft client also frequently disconnected by the way.
fiz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby djack909 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:11 pm

fiz wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:As for the draft client disconnecting, I certainly haven't heard widespread reports of this. It could be a function of your dial-up connection, as we have very few users on dial-up these days.

I have Verisons fastest connection and had to auto draft after my first two live drafts were ruined by getting booted over and over.
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:This is indeed how schedules have been handled in years past, including last year.

As for the draft client disconnecting, I certainly haven't heard widespread reports of this. It could be a function of your dial-up connection, as we have very few users on dial-up these days.

Also happened a couple times during the draft to other people who weren't on dial-up.

It looks fancy and nice, but I never had a problem with the old Java draft applet. It's usually not a concern because I'm at school, but both my drafts happened to land when I'm home on break, and of course, stuck on dialup.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers