Rate my team! - 12 team 5x5 league - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate my team! - 12 team 5x5 league - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my team! - 12 team 5x5 league - WHIR

Postby jh0720 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:36 pm

C - C. Iannetta
1B - L. Berkman, J. Cantu (1B/3B)
2B - R. Weeks
SS - J. Peralta
3B - J. Cantu (1B/3B), M. Mora
OF - G. Sizemore, C. Quentin, M. Holliday, N. Cruz, S. Choo, E. Dukes
SP - J. Peavy, D. Haren, E. Santana, E. Volquez, S. Baker
RP - J. Nathan, M. Gonzalez, F. Francisco

Thanks!
jh0720
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team! - 12 team 5x5 league - WHIR

Postby Cownip » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:54 pm

You're pitching is excellent and I'm sure at the very least it's one of the top 2 or 3 in your league, perhaps the best. The offense, well not so much unfourtently. The outfield is pretty impressive, with Sizemore, Holliday, Quentin, N Cruz and Shin-Soo Choo. I'm a huge fan of Shin-Soo Choo, he is almost always never picked up and so you can snag him as a fifth/sixth outfielder in the late rounds. He has good upside. Unless a lot of guys get injured, then your main goal with your last outfielder, I believe, is to get one with a lot of upside. That's what he has, if he does what he did last year or even better, then you have a starting, very good quality outfielder.

Catcher is OK, 1st base is great, second is terrible, short stop if bad, and third base is bad. All in all, you have a slightly above average team. I suggest you trade Jake Peavy for a guy like John Lackey or Roy Oswalt plus a good second basemen like Kinsler, Phillips, or Roberts. I'm a big fan of Cano, but not many people agree wit me on him. You could also look for someone who for some reason got Hanley and Reyes/Rollins, or even a high quality guy like Jeter. After Rollins, there is a big drop off to Jeter, and then an even bigger drop off to Stephen Drew. You might also be able to get A-Rod, Aramis Ramirez or even the often underrated Chipper Jones.
Cownip
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my team! - 12 team 5x5 league - WHIR

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:23 pm

You are really top heavy in pitching. (even with Ervin out the first month of the season) AND that OF is really solid for a 12 team league. Maybe you can peddle off someone from the (OF) or (SP) to shore up the 3B position? another option is keeping an eye on a "sleeper" @ 3B. Maybe he is still out there on your Wire, but I think Andy LaRoche (health permitting) is bound to bust out. He is having a great spring, sure he may not hit many Homers, but is patient at the plate doesn't strike out much, walk/strikeout rate is great, (Youkilis-Light ;-7 ) and should hit many doubles in the deep LF/CF of PNC Park. Just a thought. I am sure he is barried on many waiver wires out there......

Good Luck.

PLEASE HELP ME:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=373124
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team