Derek Jeter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Derek Jeter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Derek Jeter

Postby TheBambino » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 pm

I know he's getting old... but how do you guys feel Jeter measures up with the following SS':

Hardy
Peralta
Theriot
Tejada
K Greene
F Lopez
O Cabrera
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1175
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby TheBambino » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:45 pm

bump
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1175
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm

i think Peralta is the most underrated of all those guys you listed... IMO i think he produces better then Jeter this year and for years to come... hes a guy whos averaged 20+ hr the past 3 years with if im not mistaken at leas 85+ rbi also, his average is a little worse then that of a healthy jeter but i think he more then makes up for it... and actually i think Hardy tops Jeter also... i rank them in order:

Peralta
Hardy
Jeter
Theriot
Lopez (because of all the positions)
Tejada
Greene
Image

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2693
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby Secret Avatar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:46 pm

I'd rank Jeter at the top of that list, although Hardy and Peralta are not far behind and probably have more upside. Jeter is no longer the fantasy stud he once was, but he's a relatively sure bet for a very good if unspectacular line that will contribute in all 5 hitting categories. There's something to be said for that kind of rock-solid consistency. Plus, although he's past his prime he's not ancient and could have one of those big years that seem to happen with increasing frequency to the veterans out there.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 3235
Joined: 15 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby rib217 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 am

bazzy_51 wrote:i think Peralta is the most underrated of all those guys you listed... IMO i think he produces better then Jeter this year and for years to come... hes a guy whos averaged 20+ hr the past 3 years with if im not mistaken at leas 85+ rbi also, his average is a little worse then that of a healthy jeter but i think he more then makes up for it... and actually i think Hardy tops Jeter also... i rank them in order:

Peralta
Hardy
Jeter
Theriot
Lopez (because of all the positions)
Tejada
Greene



I like Peralta, you can get him fairly late and get power out of a normally weak position. However I couldnt help but double take the statement that his average is a LITTLE worse than that of a healthy Jeter.

.276 last year compared to Jeters (unhealthy) .300. Thats more than a little imo! 07 Jeter hit .322; 06 Jeter hit .344. Come on now! lets not go making any crazy statements just to make your boy Peralta appear better. Jeter destroys Peralta in Avg and Obp!!
rib217
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2726
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:05 pm

rib217 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:i think Peralta is the most underrated of all those guys you listed... IMO i think he produces better then Jeter this year and for years to come... hes a guy whos averaged 20+ hr the past 3 years with if im not mistaken at leas 85+ rbi also, his average is a little worse then that of a healthy jeter but i think he more then makes up for it... and actually i think Hardy tops Jeter also... i rank them in order:

Peralta
Hardy
Jeter
Theriot
Lopez (because of all the positions)
Tejada
Greene



I like Peralta, you can get him fairly late and get power out of a normally weak position. However I couldnt help but double take the statement that his average is a LITTLE worse than that of a healthy Jeter.

.276 last year compared to Jeters (unhealthy) .300. Thats more than a little imo! 07 Jeter hit .322; 06 Jeter hit .344. Come on now! lets not go making any crazy statements just to make your boy Peralta appear better. Jeter destroys Peralta in Avg and Obp!!


ok don't really care bout the whole jeter 'healthy or unhealthy' what i was saying is peralta makes up for the average, 10 more hr 20 more rbi 16 more runs, but i suppose thats cuz jeter was unhealthy hey? also have to look at Jeter doesn't have Arod to begin the season, and i don't care how crappy giambi looked he was still running protection for jeter in that lineup and hes now also gone... there are more factors effecting my decision then just mere stats... peralta is not 'my boy' i actually am not a fan of his, but with the addition of Derosa, a healthy VMart and of corse Sizemore i think peralta is forgotten a little more and able to make more big plays then jeter this year...
Image

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2693
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby activechamp2006 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:09 am

Jeter tops the list. Last year was his lowest batting avg in 5 years and his 2nd worst run total in his career. Jeter is a career 316 hitter and should be a lock for over 100 runs. We should expect this season to be right around his career avgs.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby rib217 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:28 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
rib217 wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:i think Peralta is the most underrated of all those guys you listed... IMO i think he produces better then Jeter this year and for years to come... hes a guy whos averaged 20+ hr the past 3 years with if im not mistaken at leas 85+ rbi also, his average is a little worse then that of a healthy jeter but i think he more then makes up for it... and actually i think Hardy tops Jeter also... i rank them in order:

Peralta
Hardy
Jeter
Theriot
Lopez (because of all the positions)
Tejada
Greene



I like Peralta, you can get him fairly late and get power out of a normally weak position. However I couldnt help but double take the statement that his average is a LITTLE worse than that of a healthy Jeter.

.276 last year compared to Jeters (unhealthy) .300. Thats more than a little imo! 07 Jeter hit .322; 06 Jeter hit .344. Come on now! lets not go making any crazy statements just to make your boy Peralta appear better. Jeter destroys Peralta in Avg and Obp!!


ok don't really care bout the whole jeter 'healthy or unhealthy' what i was saying is peralta makes up for the average, 10 more hr 20 more rbi 16 more runs, but i suppose thats cuz jeter was unhealthy hey? also have to look at Jeter doesn't have Arod to begin the season, and i don't care how crappy giambi looked he was still running protection for jeter in that lineup and hes now also gone... there are more factors effecting my decision then just mere stats... peralta is not 'my boy' i actually am not a fan of his, but with the addition of Derosa, a healthy VMart and of corse Sizemore i think peralta is forgotten a little more and able to make more big plays then jeter this year...



you can't just pick the positive for Peralta and the negatives for Jeter.

If you say the addition of DeRosa.....what about the addition of Tex? which one is better?
A healthy Vmart......a healthy Jeter, healthier Matsui, Posada, Damon (all arguable but still)

Like i posted before, I like Peralta, I love the power at SS, but just couldnt accept the some of your argument.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2726
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Derek Jeter

Postby metsfan12 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:18 pm

I'd rank those Jeter, Hardy, Peralta. Secret Avatar hit it on the head IMO. Also, Hardy got off to a horrible start last year. I'd watch what he does early this year. I actually drafted him last year then dropped him and missed out on a pretty good season. Peralta was one of the guys I had platooning at SS for my fantasy team, so I did do alright with replacements. I actually have Hardy/Peralta ranked as 10th and 11th best SS. They are inconsistent IMO and not hitting in nearly as good positions in lineups as Jeter and even another old timer, Michael Young.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 436
Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact