keeper auction leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

keeper auction leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how does your auction keeper league work?

salaries remain at original auction salary for as long as player is kept
33%
salaries are raised by a certain amount each year a player is kept
67%

Total votes : 6

keeper auction leagues

Postby RotoCowboy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:11 am

how do you guys keep players? same salaries or forced raises?

if you play in a contract league where you give a player a salary for a certain number of years, just ignore this thread. i am only concerned with leagues that have a normal auction draft, then get to keep a certain number of players.
RotoCowboy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: keeper auction leagues

Postby neoforce » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 am

There are many, many ways to do auction keepers. I didn't vote in the poll because our way of doing it isn't there. Ours works as follows:

• combo of contract and salary increases
  • at auction, you get a player for $X, that is his salary for this and next year if you keep him.
  • Third year out, owner has to decide. Keep him one more year (his option year) at the same salary and then return him to the auction, or sign him for a "long term contract" of 2 years (increase salary by $10) or sign him for 3 years (increase salary by $15)
  • So, most you can keep a guy is 5 years
  • lots of other rules about how FAs/minor league guys get salaries, restrictions/penalties on long term contacts, etc.
There are a few things with the New York Yankees that never change. That's pride, tradition, and most of all, we have the greatest fans in the world. -Derek Jeter, 9/21/08 -- last words from old Yankee Stadium
neoforce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Re: keeper auction leagues

Postby RotoCowboy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:25 am

neoforce wrote:There are many, many ways to do auction keepers. I didn't vote in the poll because our way of doing it isn't there. Ours works as follows:

• combo of contract and salary increases
  • at auction, you get a player for $X, that is his salary for this and next year if you keep him.
  • Third year out, owner has to decide. Keep him one more year (his option year) at the same salary and then return him to the auction, or sign him for a "long term contract" of 2 years (increase salary by $10) or sign him for 3 years (increase salary by $15)
  • So, most you can keep a guy is 5 years
  • lots of other rules about how FAs/minor league guys get salaries, restrictions/penalties on long term contacts, etc.

thank you for not voting. i am very aware of leagues that work this way, and i did not want to muddy up the results, with contract rules.
RotoCowboy
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers