16-team league 6x6 H2H (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

16-team league 6x6 H2H (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

16-team league 6x6 H2H (WHIR)

Postby fezzik » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:01 pm

16 teams H2H 6x6 with OPS and Holds as additional categories. 50 transactions max for the year. It's a H2H World Series League for those of you familiar with that setup.

I thought there were a couple more rounds, so I forgot to grab a catcher :-D ...but since 22 were drafted, I'll probably just wait until people realize it's stupid to have more than one (in most cases) with so few bench spots. I feel like a few guys really fell far to me. Pick 15 of 16 didn't turn out so bad I guess.

C ? (Suzuki and J. Flores are best available as FA)
1B Prince Fielder
2B Ian Kinsler
3B Adrián Béltre
SS Clint Barmes
CF Curtis Granderson
OF Nelson Cruz
OF Brad Hawpe
Util Adrián González
BN Gary Sheffield

SP Ervin Santana
SP Scott Kazmir
RP Chad Qualls
RP Chris Ray
P Jason Motte
P Carlos Villanueva
BN Yovani Gallardo
BN Randy Johnson
BN Wandy Rodríguez
BN Manny Parra
BN Oliver Pérez

Thoughts or suggestions? It's weird that we have so few RP/P slots with both saves and holds as categories, but that's the way it is. I drafted Villanueva because I can put him in an SP slot when I don't have two starters going. But I thought I had another couple rounds to draft a C and another RP, so I could really use that flexibility. If I want to put Villanueva in as an SP to maximize my holds chances, are their any suggestions on who to drop? Or should I just stay put and wait to see who stumbles? ;-D

Thanks!
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 16-team league 6x6 H2H (WHIR)

Postby fezzik » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:51 pm

uhhh....bump?

My biggest question is how to best utilize my bench. There aren't many pitcher slots and we're playing with both Saves and Holds...but I still want to keep one backup OF in order to sub in on days off. But I figured I should use Villanueva in an SP slot to maximize my Holds chances...but then I should pick up another MR (Madson is by far the best and is just sitting there)...but who do I drop? Perez?

I am going to pick up a catcher after I can put Santana on the DL.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby albsur2008 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:45 pm

I think you would have had a championship caliber hitting team if you would have picked up more stolen bases. Hoping that Granderson and Kinsler steal bases in a H2H league will kill you each week. You have noone else except maybe Cruz that will steal bases. You've got certified hitting talent though. Oh yeah, I would take Suzuki in a heartbeat if I were in your position.

Another guy who took Ervin...like I said in a previous post, Ervin could easily end up gone for the year. But you did a GREAT job of taking other pitchers that will contribute. Gallardo is a MONSTER and will be great this year IMO. Johnson, Parra, and Wandy are great choices and won't kill you in any category except maybe Parra in ERA and WHIP.

I would say your bullpen is a problem but it actually looks pretty decent. Qualls and Motte should be good this year especially now that Motte will probably be the closer. Ray will probably be closer again once Sherrill blows four or five saves in a row hahaha. If not at least he'll get you holds. I like your bullpen now that I think about it.

I'd say the only thing you have to do is get a decent catcher and get steals somewhere. You don't have to get a basestealer but you could trade for a guy or two that will at least hopefully get you 10-15 SBs each. I like your team though.
albsur2008
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fezzik » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks for the response! In a 6x6 H2H league with OPS, I tend to devalue SBs quite a bit since they seem to come in spurts...in a roto league I would have made sure to have a nice balance. I don't think losing the SB category 75% of the time will kill me, but we'll see. I would definitely like to have more though, so I'll keep my eyes open for opportunities.

I do regret drafting Santana, but at the time there wasn't this whole injury thing...so I thought I got a steal. !+) Hopefully he'll be back sometime in May. At least he seems to be progressing well and we have three usable DL spots. :-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team