*Updated 3/24* Find my roster holes?? Thanks! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

*Updated 3/24* Find my roster holes?? Thanks!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

*Updated 3/24* Find my roster holes?? Thanks!

Postby ike301 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:52 pm

\Yahoo H2H 8X6 10 Team 2009 'Chin Music'

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, E, AVG, W, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

C: McCann
1: Morneau
2: Utley
3: Wright
SS: S Drew
3OF: J Upton, Taveras, Ankiel
Util: Delagado
BN: Ian Stewart, M Cameron

2SP: C Lee, J Lester
2RP: Nathan, Jenks
3P: Putz, Arredondo, Beimei
Bench: Dotel, E Santana, Dempster

My bat bench definitely needs some help. My OFs too. What else? Who is droppable?

My pitchers - yeah, I forgot E Santana was on the DL... grr. My MR's are OK. Handcuffed Jenks with Dotel. But my starters are OK at best, IMO. Who is droppable or tradable?

Thanks!
Last edited by ike301 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post your link, I will answer yours to the best of my knowledge.

"I know what I speak, and I speak what I know."
ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Find my roster holes?? Thanks!

Postby FantasyTipster » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Hmm...you do need to address the outfield and might want to see what Morneau could bring in a trade given you have a solid backup in Delgado. See if you can dangle him for someone like Ichiro. That would let you cut Tavaras or Cameron and troll the waiver wire for a little power.

Since it's a shallow league, not sure I'd want to carry a guy like Stewart unless he's playing every day. You're also carrying a lot of insurance (Putz, Arredondo, Beimel, Dotel) and you might consider kicking one to the curb (I'd probably kick Beimel...even if he did take the job of closer from Hanrahan, the save opps will be few and fare in between, plus the WHIP is kind of high for a pure middle man...either that or Putz, since K-Rod isn't exactly an injury risk) for another starter or bat.

Just my .02. Good luck!

FantasyTipster
http://fantasytipster.blogspot.com
FantasyTipster
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby ike301 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:01 pm

FantasyTipster wrote:Hmm...you do need to address the outfield and might want to see what Morneau could bring in a trade given you have a solid backup in Delgado. See if you can dangle him for someone like Ichiro. That would let you cut Tavaras or Cameron and troll the waiver wire for a little power.

Since it's a shallow league, not sure I'd want to carry a guy like Stewart unless he's playing every day. You're also carrying a lot of insurance (Putz, Arredondo, Beimel, Dotel) and you might consider kicking one to the curb (I'd probably kick Beimel...even if he did take the job of closer from Hanrahan, the save opps will be few and fare in between, plus the WHIP is kind of high for a pure middle man...either that or Putz, since K-Rod isn't exactly an injury risk) for another starter or bat.

Just my .02. Good luck!

FantasyTipster

that is interesting. who else you think i can get for morneau? delagado - eh... not a fan, but he was sitting pretty during the draft. i have a wire pending to drop cameron for tori, we'll see if i get him.

stewart is a sleeper? haha. damn forum! heheh. but thank you for your tips. very good stuff.

as for beimel, using him as a MR - and maybe closer later on in the season. trade bait possibly. i like the one year contract he got - he'll throw his best, i reckon.

thanks again for the tips - very helpful. please add more, if you have more advice.

ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:08 pm

The OF needs help but otherwise you look good. With those cats the bullpen guys are the smart move.
I'd try to trade Delgado before Morneau. He'll bring back less but I don't trust a full year of Delgado.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby ike301 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:The OF needs help but otherwise you look good. With those cats the bullpen guys are the smart move.
I'd try to trade Delgado before Morneau. He'll bring back less but I don't trust a full year of Delgado.

this is true. delgado was again just the next big thing left....

what can i get for delgado? moreau? what's worth their values?

thanks!!

ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ike301 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:01 pm

Updated:

1) moved around some MRs and picked up Meche.
2) wire pending for werth for cameron.

thoughts??

-------------
Yahoo H2H 8X6 10 Team 2009 'Chin Music'

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, E, AVG, W, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

C: McCann
1: Morneau
2: Utley
3: Wright
SS: S Drew
3OF: J Upton, Taveras, Ankiel
Util: Delagado
BN: Ian Stewart, M Cameron

2SP: C Lee, J Lester
2RP: Nathan, Jenks
3P: Putz, Arredondo, Balfour
Bench: E Santana, Dempster, Meche

ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: *Updated 3/24* Find my roster holes?? Thanks!

Postby FantasyTipster » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:02 pm

I like the Werth for Cameron swap. You'll still get a 20-20 player but he'll hit probably 30 points higher and maybe score more runs.

The main reason I suggested moving Morneau over Delgado is because you'll get more for him. If Delgado was hanging around waiting for you to snatch him during the draft, you might be hard pressed to find a trade partner to give you what you want.

Plus, and this is just my opinion, I think Morneau is a tad overrated. He's going in the 2nd/3rd round of most drafts, but I'd be perfectly comfortable with several first basemen who are going well after him (Adrian Gonzalez, Garrett Atkins, Joey Votto etc).

Given that someone else in your league is likely to love Morneau too, players like Carlos Quentin, Matt Holliday, Nick Markakis or perhaps even Carlos Beltran could come in return. For Delgado, at best, you're probably looking at returns in the form of Raul Ibanez, Johnny Damon and Brad Hawpe. You might find little more than a Pat Burrell or a Xavier Nady too. Opinions on Delgado seem to vary wildly this year, but the guy is only 36 and he's hit at least 30 homers every season for 12 of the last 13 years.

I like the Meche pick up, by the way. His horrible start disguised what wound up being a very good year. The Royals should be better, so 15W and 175K seem like good guesstimates.

Good luck!

Fantasy Tipster
FantasyTipster
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: *Updated 3/24* Find my roster holes?? Thanks!

Postby ike301 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:41 pm

FantasyTipster wrote:I like the Werth for Cameron swap. You'll still get a 20-20 player but he'll hit probably 30 points higher and maybe score more runs.

The main reason I suggested moving Morneau over Delgado is because you'll get more for him. If Delgado was hanging around waiting for you to snatch him during the draft, you might be hard pressed to find a trade partner to give you what you want.

Plus, and this is just my opinion, I think Morneau is a tad overrated. He's going in the 2nd/3rd round of most drafts, but I'd be perfectly comfortable with several first basemen who are going well after him (Adrian Gonzalez, Garrett Atkins, Joey Votto etc).

Given that someone else in your league is likely to love Morneau too, players like Carlos Quentin, Matt Holliday, Nick Markakis or perhaps even Carlos Beltran could come in return. For Delgado, at best, you're probably looking at returns in the form of Raul Ibanez, Johnny Damon and Brad Hawpe. You might find little more than a Pat Burrell or a Xavier Nady too. Opinions on Delgado seem to vary wildly this year, but the guy is only 36 and he's hit at least 30 homers every season for 12 of the last 13 years.

I like the Meche pick up, by the way. His horrible start disguised what wound up being a very good year. The Royals should be better, so 15W and 175K seem like good guesstimates.

Good luck!

Fantasy Tipster

someone offered crawford for morneu. but i declined.... i have tavaras for speed. what do u think? i can always re-offer, i bet he would be interested...

ike301
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team