Milledge VS. Adam Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milledge VS. Adam Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Milledge VS. Adam Jones

Postby stumpak » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:10 am

Yoda wrote:You guys are drinking some serious Kool Aid if you think Milledge's playing time is guaranteed. With other viable options, if he starts off slow, he'd be riding the pine so fast. Even if he doesn't start off slow, I'm willing to bet that if the other guys are playing well, he'll sit some games.

Right now, I'd probably lean towards AJ just because he is cheaper and actually has a guaranteed job.

Sure this could happen, but it is predicated on a lot of "ifs" that make the odds pretty remote:

If milledge struggles badly - odds of this are very low to begin with
If Johnson stays healthy and Kearns and Willingham are not splitting time in RF to begin with (and Kearns does not have the most sterling injury history himself)
If Dukes does not crap his own pants and remaines a viable solution to take over for a struggling Milledge
If Acta is stupid enough not to realize that Kearns hasn't been a decent hitter in years

Even if Milledge really stinks, I see the Nats dropping him the order rather than benching him. I don't think his leash is that short.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:15 am

I don't have Milledge on any of my teams but I think he should be pretty safe in Washington...I wouldn't be worried.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:25 am

stumpak wrote:
Yoda wrote:You guys are drinking some serious Kool Aid if you think Milledge's playing time is guaranteed. With other viable options, if he starts off slow, he'd be riding the pine so fast. Even if he doesn't start off slow, I'm willing to bet that if the other guys are playing well, he'll sit some games.

Right now, I'd probably lean towards AJ just because he is cheaper and actually has a guaranteed job.

Sure this could happen, but it is predicated on a lot of "ifs" that make the odds pretty remote:

If milledge struggles badly - odds of this are very low to begin with
If Johnson stays healthy and Kearns and Willingham are not splitting time in RF to begin with (and Kearns does not have the most sterling injury history himself)
If Dukes does not crap his own pants and remaines a viable solution to take over for a struggling Milledge
If Acta is stupid enough not to realize that Kearns hasn't been a decent hitter in years

Even if Milledge really stinks, I see the Nats dropping him the order rather than benching him. I don't think his leash is that short.

We shall see. They have a ton of options right now and managers tend to stick with the hot hand.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby garf112 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:45 pm

what other options do they have in CF aside from Dukes, who is a mediocre center fielder?
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers