What Young Pitcher Blows a Shoulder First - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What Young Pitcher Blows a Shoulder First

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: What Young Pitcher Blows a Shoulder First

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:07 pm

steevie wrote:last time i heard ....such perfect (best ever) mechanics..... describing a young pitcher was few years ago concerning Mark
Prior after his 18wins season. you all know what happend.
its hard to come up with predictions especially concerning to future. You can calculate the likelhood of an injury but ....you will never know for a certain pitcher. its a game.

This is the truth. Prior supposedly had godly mechanics and such an easy delivery on his 98mph fastball and look where that got him. Injuries are just part of the game.

I'll say this. There are certain players who miss time with injuries year after year and I tend to avoid those guys no matter how talented they are. But seriously, it just takes one freak thing from happening to send any pitcher into a season long battle with the dl. It doesnt matter who they are or what kind of delivery they have. Its not something yo can predict. You just have to build enough depth on your staff to overcome any injury you may sustain.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers