12 team 5x5 roto, please check it out WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

12 team 5x5 roto, please check it out WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

12 team 5x5 roto, please check it out WHIR

Postby Hit Factory » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:13 am

As you can see I passed on infielders and worked on pitching and outfield. This is the first year we had a 12 team format, let me know what you think.

*my team as of 4/13
C:Posada
1:Dunn
2:Kelly Johnson
3:Youkilis
SS:Khalil Greene
CI: Blalock
MI: Aaron Hill
OF: Sizemore
OF: Carlos Lee
OF: B.J. Upton
OF: Dye
Util: Kendry Morales
Bench: Cust
Bench: Mike Jacobs

SP: Hamels
SP: Billingsley
RP: KRod
RP: Kerry Wood
P: Dice-K
P:Cain
P:Slowey
P: Randy Johnson
Bench: Rafael Soriano
Bench: Pelfrey
BN: Kyle Lohse
Last edited by Hit Factory on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:47 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 team Yahoo, suggestions, comments, anything helps

Postby rails80 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:21 pm

I'd imagine there are some teams hurting for an OF. I'd look to package one for an upgrade over the IF. You also don't need 3 bench bats - I'd trade a couple or outright drop them for pitching.

At quick glance, I see a lack of speed and some batting average issues (Dunn and Jacobs?? trade one). Pretty solid looking pitching staff, again, probably a position you can trade from to upgrade your bats. Maybe a 1-for-2 where you give up a P and get a pitcher and bat back. I'd float Hamels out there but hold out for the best offer (once he pitches maybe?)

Solid team overall, I think. Just a few minor tweaks which are always around and always available...

Thanks for the help on mine.
C-Baker
1B-Lee
2B-Roberts
3B-Reynolds
SS-HRamirez
LF-Bay
CF-McCutchen
RF-Hawpe
UT-Willingham, Hairston
BN-FSanchez

SP-Lackey, Burnett
RP-Rivera, Wagner
P-Baker, Gregerson, Meche
BN-Motte

DL - Zimmerman, Volquez
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3)

Re: 12 team 5x5 roto, please check it out WHIR

Postby mdgoalie » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:09 pm

I agree with the guy above me, see if you can find someone unhappy with their OF and get a good deal on a MI. But it looks pretty good overall.
mdgoalie
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dave8603 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:25 am

Hey, thanks for the help. You have a great team in a 12 team league. You should try to look to upgrade Renteria, though. I like Kelly Johnson a lot and love Youk, so I think you're actually more set than you think there. I do think you can do better than Renteria. You should look to give up Casilla, Cust, Sheff, or Pierre for someone like Aviles (can easily have a great year and should be undervalued), or even a Jose Lopez. Lopez especially won't take a lot to get and he can have a good year. Some other good undervalued/low end middle infield options - Hardy, Theriot, even Elvis Andrus is good to grab off WW, if you can somehow get Stephen Drew that would be great, I like him a lot 20-80-.290 this year.
Dave8603
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:18 am

Batting average is going to be a massive problem for you all year. Steals too, to a lesser extent. If it's an OPS league that makes you in very good shape. I really like your non-Dice-K starters.

viewtopic.php?t=375177
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Hit Factory » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:38 am

Hey guys thanks for your help! I agree with "CurtisPride" that my batting average is going to be an issue, but I think with B.J. Upton, Sizemore, and Pierre (stole 40 bases last year with limited playing time,) I should be ok. Do you think I should I try and get a guy like Placido Polanco, a steady hitter who will bat over 300, and who would you trade for him?
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby rails80 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:19 pm

But you can't really count on bench players to produce. How often will Pierre start over any one of those OF's? So his 40-something steals might be 20, at most. More likely you'll start him and he won't steal a bag...then you'll bench him and he'll swipe 2.

Don't ever count on bench players for stats.
C-Baker
1B-Lee
2B-Roberts
3B-Reynolds
SS-HRamirez
LF-Bay
CF-McCutchen
RF-Hawpe
UT-Willingham, Hairston
BN-FSanchez

SP-Lackey, Burnett
RP-Rivera, Wagner
P-Baker, Gregerson, Meche
BN-Motte

DL - Zimmerman, Volquez
rails80
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cypher74 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey, thanks for the help! Really like your pitching a lot. OF is stacked too. You can maybe add an IF or too. I don't love Jacobs, Renteria or Greene. Not sure you need to deal away a strength though. Is there anyone on the waiver wire worth grabbing for Sheffield or Pierre?
Cypher74
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Hit Factory » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:51 pm

I just updated my team, I made a few moves. I like Dioner Navarro as a backup to Posada, you never know with Posada's health and Navarro was good last season and is lighting it up again this spring. I dropped Sheffield because the Tiger's cut him and who knows if another team will take the gamble on him. Finally, I picked up Kendry Morales, he is worth a shot and is having a terrific spring. I want to hang onto Pierre for the time being, he stole 40 bases last season in limited duty and if he gets traded his value will skyrocket. I want to make a trade and get a first baseman with a better batting than Dunn's and also obtain a solid SS or MI. I would be willing to trade Dice-K.
Hit Factory
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby oxhammer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:54 pm

I don't see Polanco benefiting you that much over Johnson...if at all. Obviously, you'd like to upgrade at either 2B or SS or both. I would be looking to make a 2 for 1, if there are decent FA available. Package one of your IF and an OF or SP for an upgrade at IF. Otherwise, shoot for a 2 for 1 by packaging one of your IF and an OF or SP for an upgrade at IF and a downgrade at OF or SP. The problem with the second option is finding a team that would benefit from the trade as much as you would.
oxhammer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team