Please Rate My Team (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Rate My Team (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Rate My Team (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 pm

15 Team Mixed-Auction League. (FANTASY POINTS) Players have 3 year contracts, then return to the draft. We start the following every week. (its a weekly league)
2-C, 2-1B, 2-2B, 2-SS, 2-3B, 6-OF, 8-Pitchers. We are allowed to protect 12 players yearly, with one minor league keeper. Guys in BOLD are my keepers from last year.

ROSTER: Salary (Contract Year)
C - V.Martinez $30 (1) (maybe bid to high, but being a 2 start catcher league, I like him to bounce back rather nicely, getting rest while playing 1B and DH)
C - Iannetta $1 (2) (might be a top 5 catcher this year?)
1B - Pujols $44 (2) (STUD)
1B - Adam LaRoche $2 (1) (if only he could produce in April and May, LOL)
2B - K.Johnson $1 (3) (career year coming up???)
2B - L.Castillo $1 (1) (one more kick at the can? I can only dream)
SS - E.Renteria $13 (1) (should bounce back, his AL to NL splits are a positive)
SS - E.Aybar $4 (1)
3B - A.Ramirez $33 (3) (STUD)
3B - C.Davis $5 (2) (young masher, can play 1B too)
OF - C.Lee $42 (1) (Consistent as they come)
OF - J.Bay $15 (2) (finally has a supporting cast, ready to take off?)
OF - BJ.Upton $5 (3) (Career Year coming, I can feel it)
OF - C.Hart $5 (3) (Ditto)
OF - M.Joyce $1 (1) (30hr power, I will settle for 20-25HR's please)
OF - R.Spilborghs $1 (nice cheap last pick in the auction, just around when Fowler (my guy) is ready)
P - T.Lincecum $2 (3) (STUD)
P - A.Wainwright $18 (1) (chance at an 18 win season?)
P - AJ.Burnett $2 (3) (injuries are a concern, but has the best supporting cast of his career)
P - C.Lee $3 (2) (a drop off is expected, got him in my bench draft last year, and helped me win the title)
P - J.Johnson $1 (2) (love this gem for the coming season)
P - P.Maholm $3 (1) (shssss, he's one of my sleepers)
P - F.Cordero $21 (1) (probably spent to much here, don't know what I was thinking)
P - M.Gonzalez $2 (1) (cheap form of saves)

MINORS:
OF - D.Fowler $3

We have a "blind auction" to fill our 6 man bench, and 3 minor leaguers, next weekend. I fell into a trap, (high bidding for the remaining SS, Tulo went for $39!!! Hardy went for $29, too rich for my blood, but on second thought, maybe I should of went the extra dollar. Filling out my middle infield positions, 2B and SS, so yes, I am rather week there, but its a 15 team league, and the requirements of starting 2 at each position makes it really really really, a deep draft, and difficult to budget. Being a 15 team league and the roster requirements its going to be really difficult to fill a bench for the 2 troubled positions, 2B and SS. Oh well.....maybe a trade is in order, or maybe I aint that bad....as I think.

Thoughts? (please advise and leave a link) ;-)
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please Rate My Team (WHIR)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:46 pm

bump,

can anyone please add insight.....here :,-( :-)

Will help in return, wether its a roster question or a trade question, leave me a link.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby SlayeratCP » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:14 pm

I can't be for sure because I have never played in such a deep league but your team seems really good. Your number one guys in each position could match any 10 or 12 team league. I do see that it would be tough to get that second string guy for each postion. I think you could package a trade using one of your starters or possibly Victor Martinez for a good 2b and SS. I think you should be able to find a catcher that plays and Iannetta could be really good. No one is going to be deep at catcher and I can't see anyone having as good a 1-4 pitcher as you. I don't know much about minor league prospects other than those in Baltimore but if it helps:
Obviously Weiters
SP: Chris Tillman, Josh Arrieta, and Brian Matusz are all going to be solid major leaguers this year or the next.
Hitters: Not much here for major league talent, best are Brandon Snyder and Nolan Reimold who have middle-tier major league upside.

Mine:
viewtopic.php?t=373467
SlayeratCP
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby NCAARules » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

It sure seems like an incredibly deep and challenging league. I agree with your self-assessment of the middle infield being a trouble spot. Some of your pitching is absolutely obscene, so nice job there.

I don't know how important speed is in your league, but maybe somebody lake Manny Burriss or Emilio Bonifacio (if they earn jobs) might help in those categories - it seems like you really have a good base in the other cats. Obviously BJ, hart and spilborghs can contribute some.

Overall, a very nice job.
NCAARules
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TeamMikeDeveraux » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Thanks a lot for the help on mine.
C: I love your situation. A bounce back candidate along with a potential top 5 breakout player. well done
IF: Pujols is an obvious stud and I have never liked LaRoche but he is cheap. I do really like KellyJ this year. Nice sleeper pick there. I dont like Renteria at SS but thats only because he has burned me there before. He is more at home at the NL.
OF: Absolutely studly. Nice.

SP: I love wainwright this year. I am scared of Burnett, but if healthy, he has some of the best stuff in the game
RP: F Cordero is a head case and youre not too deep here. If you are attentive, you can make up for it though.

Overall, I think its a great team considering the depth of the league. Nice work
TeamMikeDeveraux
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team