Nevin - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nevin

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nevin

Postby Yeaok » Sat May 18, 2002 7:54 pm

You really think so, i was thinking that Hinske might slow down or something. Does Hinske strike out a lot becuase i dont know much about him. Can ya tell me a few things about hinske. I think Nevin is overrated a lot!
Yeaok

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Sat May 18, 2002 8:14 pm

Really? I always thought Nevin (if healthy, of course) was underrated by most fantasy folks. A lot of people wrote him off after he struggled early in his career. Of course, to have high value, he needs to qualify at 3b (not to mention be 100% fit).

Hinske was overlooked by some amid all the rookie 3b hype, but if the season ended today, he'd probably be the AL rookie of the year. He has a great batting eye (his 1k/game ratio should start dropping soon), some pop, and even steals a base occasionally. He also has a comfy spot in the batting order. Apart from his poor glove, his only downside appears to be that the Jays might sit him against elite lefties. If you have someone on your bench to pick up the slack on those days, he's worth having as a starting 3b.

By the way, it's a lot easier to follow a continuing discussion if new questions or comments are added to the original thread (with post reply instead of new topic); keeps the board cleaner, too. Thanks!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers