Rate My 12-Team Yahoo! Keeper - In its 3rd Year - WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My 12-Team Yahoo! Keeper - In its 3rd Year - WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My 12-Team Yahoo! Keeper - In its 3rd Year - WHIR!!!

Postby jcde7ago » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:00 am

Hey guys, just -re-drafted in my Yahoo! 12-team 3-Sport Dynasty Keeper League...we keep 6. My keepers have the "K" next to their name...this is a serious league with some tough managers, and we're now in our 3rd season...i will say that I did luck out with a couple guys in the first year of our draft in 2007, and i landed Longoria last year for James Shields/Joey Votto...(I also got Cliff Lee along with Longoria...but at the time being, Longoria wasn't doing anything, and it actually looked like I overpaid with Votto/Shields, while the other owner was selling high on Cliff Lee...we know who's side this trade worked out on). :-D

C - Bengie Molina - (SF - C)
1B - Ryan Howard - (Phi - 1B) - K
2B - Brandon Phillips - (Cin - 2B) - K
3B - Evan Longoria - (TB - 3B) - K
SS - Jose Reyes - (NYM - SS) - K
OF - Ryan Braun - (Mil - OF) - K
OF - Manny Ramirez - (LAD - OF) - K
OF - Gary Sheffield - (Det - OF)
Util - Melvin Mora - (Bal - 3B)
Util - Jim Thome - (CWS - Util)
BN - Nick Swisher - (NYY - OF)
BN - Ryan Church - (NYM - OF)
BN - Aaron Rowand - (SF - OF)

SP - Chad Billingsley - (LAD - SP)
SP - Scott Kazmir - (TB - SP)
RP - Brian Fuentes - (LAA - RP)
RP - Mike Gonzalez - (Atl - RP)
P - Javier Vazquez - (Atl - SP)
P - Erik Bedard - (Sea - SP)
P - Justin Verlander - (Det - SP)
BN - Randy Johnson - (SF - SP)
BN - George Sherrill - (Bal - RP)
BN - David Aardsma - (Sea - RP)

The first 5 picks of the re-draft (starting from the 7th round) I drafted all pitchers...I had confidence with the core offense I had that consisted of my keepers, so I chose to go pitching heavy and rely on some older sluggers/value picks later on...although I definitely do have injury concerns in Thome and Sheffield, I do feel that if they contribute enough along with the rest of the bench I should get by...plus I have all season long to pluck potential sleepers off the waiver wire.

As for the pitching, I chose some heavy-k/win potential pitchers, with just good enough overall peripherals to not be too weak in any one category...and my closers could be better, but I wanted at least 2 who looked like they had a firm grip on the closing job early on (hence Fuentes and Gonzalez). Sherrill has the edge right now, but we know that Ray is hovering right over...and Aardsma/the Seattle situation is a toss-up at this point.

I think my team is a product of pieces that literally fell just into the right places, at least offensively (my gambles on Phillips and Braun in 2007, where I reached high for both and my trade for Longoria last year was extremely lucky). It also seems absurd/highly-unlikely that I ended up with 6 keepers who are all Top-30 ranked players this season...i am just at a disbelief looking at this lineup as someone else sometimes, but it is what it is, legit through and through. I think i am going to go for it all this season and see what happens, which is part of the reason I didn't really reach for any deep sleepers, as I feel I would keep virtually all of the same keepers anyways...what do you guys think? Any improvements I could make? Do I need more speed? AVG? Any input is appreciated...leave a link and I will respond! ;-D
12-Team Yahoo! H2H Keeper League - 3-Sport Dynasty - Year 4 - Jonny D's Team
Keepers: Albert Pujols/Jose Reyes/Ryan Braun/Grady Sizemore/Evan Longoria/Tim Lincecum = SWEET!

#25 - Barry Bonds - 73, 762
jcde7ago
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My 12-Team Yahoo! Keeper - In its 3rd Year - WHIR!!!

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:55 am

Your offense is absolutely absurd. You have 3 first rounders on your team. This is a roto league right? You should finish in the top for RBI, HR, and R easily. I think your only weakness is your 3rd OF. Sheffield doesn't massively impress me nowadays and your backups for him aren't that amazing. The pitching could be a wee bit better but you have some really solid young starters.

Probably one of the top 3 teams in the league, I'd say.

viewtopic.php?t=372890
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team