14 Team H2H, 6x6 with OPS and Holds. Criticize me. WHIR. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

14 Team H2H, 6x6 with OPS and Holds. Criticize me. WHIR.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 14 Team H2H, 6x6 with OPS and Holds. Criticize me. WHIR.

Postby sec306 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:45 pm

Not bad for 14 team league. Would look at moving eithrer Putz/Saito as most only have 1 hold person. Try to get another closer. Would not trade Santana/Pence for Bedard/Dunn. Bedard has never lived up to hype. I am not a fan of Lasting M. and Gomez can play center. Burrel should give so pop playing in TB and DH. You should be able to compete.
sec306
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 14 Team H2H, 6x6 with OPS and Holds. Criticize me. WHIR.

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm

sec306 wrote:Not bad for 14 team league. Would look at moving eithrer Putz/Saito as most only have 1 hold person. Try to get another closer. Would not trade Santana/Pence for Bedard/Dunn. Bedard has never lived up to hype. I am not a fan of Lasting M. and Gomez can play center. Burrel should give so pop playing in TB and DH. You should be able to compete.

Why would I move 2 really good holds guys when everyone has only 1? That just means I'll win Holds every week and I'll get good ratios too. ;-) The fact that there are only 20 roster spots makes it very hard to have more than 2 closers/2 holds guys, or 3/1. You really only have 9 pitching slots really, unless you want to have 1 bench hitter. 2/2 will give you balance but I think you'll end up losing every week to some guy who dedicates his staff more towards it.

I've been considering punting saves, getting 1-2 more holds guys with good ratios/Ks, and win Holds every week. I'd lose saves every week but more than likely win holds every week, and I would be able to trade my closers for help at other areas and boost my chances there. I'll probably just keep the balancing act for now though. Hoffman being hurt sort of hurts me right now.

I have a trade floating for Braun, straight up for Santana, to some guy with 2 pitchers. If that is accepted I'll move Pence or Ordonez or Burrell for a starting pitcher, or maybe some sort of package deal and improve my SS position or CL too and get a pitcher.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team