Chris Carpenter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Chris Carpenter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Chris Carpenter

Postby littletank » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:45 pm

McStallen wrote:i'm going to try and draft carpenter, but 14 is too early- it's ironic you say "why take the chance" -from my perspective, you are taking a huge chance in round 14 on a guy like that when you can land paul maholm, scott baker, clayton kershaw, josh johnson or someone like that- just wait until about round 18-20 before you take a chance on carpenter.

this is why people don't draft mark prior any more and why rich harden slips 6-8 rounds in some drafts- injuries are huge problems for pitchers and you don't want to pay too much to acquire one

Not a chance in hell any of these pitchers you listed are even close to Carpenters numbers.
littletank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stcardinal » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:44 pm

I just dropped a 2nd rate closer for him today. Hopefully he continues his brilliant spring training.
stcardinal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:55 pm

littletank wrote:
McStallen wrote:i'm going to try and draft carpenter, but 14 is too early- it's ironic you say "why take the chance" -from my perspective, you are taking a huge chance in round 14 on a guy like that when you can land paul maholm, scott baker, clayton kershaw, josh johnson or someone like that- just wait until about round 18-20 before you take a chance on carpenter.

this is why people don't draft mark prior any more and why rich harden slips 6-8 rounds in some drafts- injuries are huge problems for pitchers and you don't want to pay too much to acquire one

Not a chance in hell any of these pitchers you listed are even close to Carpenters numbers.

Kershaw will be better in a few years Maholm and Baker will be steady, Carpenter is 33 has a history with shoulders and elbow issues and has a nerve condition that may hinder him throughout the year, I think Kershaw will be better than Carpenter in 2009, Baker possibly as well, Maholm issue will be run support and playing on a crappy team

help with mine, please?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=373330
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby djxskillz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:20 am

i dropped corpas for carpenter and used my #1 waiver on him. gambling is not for the weak hearted.
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Caveman_Nick » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:36 pm

I took Carpenter with the 224th pick in my draft.

He's a potential ace...how can you not take a chance?
Oog.
Caveman_Nick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dc928 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:01 pm

I agreed with you 14th is too early, don't expect Carpenter to be his old self this year. He is a deep sleeper nothing more.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dc928 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:03 pm

Caveman_Nick wrote:I took Carpenter with the 224th pick in my draft.

He's a potential ace...how can you not take a chance?

He is a good pick at 224 but not at 100s. I think he is a deep sleeper but we can't expect him to have his Cy Young staff this year.
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheBambino » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Well who would you rather take at the 20th pick in a 10 team ... Carpenter, Escobar, J Johnson or Maholm.

I think I still like Carpenter
TheBambino
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RRGL1 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:28 pm

TheBambino wrote:Well who would you rather take at the 20th pick in a 10 team ... Carpenter, Escobar, J Johnson or Maholm.

I think I still like Carpenter

Josh Johnson for me
RRGL1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby californiasunshine » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:26 pm

littletank wrote:

I would take every single one of those pitchers before Carpenter.
californiasunshine
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates