Draft Order Survivor - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Draft Order Survivor

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Order Survivor

Postby Pootingman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:32 pm

OK, Folks, here's the deal. I am commish of a Yahoo Head-to Head league called Wiffle League Baseball. Our draft is automated and will be run March 18th, but I have devised a survivor type way to determine the draft order using each owner's guesses of the total runs in several spring training games to detemine the order. The deadline for these guesses is TOMORROW morning. I know this is short notice, but we were all set at 8 owners until we had one bail on us today. I am willing to take the owner total up to 12 if I get more than one response. Below is the complete low-down on the draft order "survivor" and the league itself. Anyone interested, please e-mail your guesses to mailto:pootingman@yahoo.com and I will send you the league id# and password to set up your team.

Draft Order Survivor
Starting on the 10th, we will be guessing the number of total runs(and hits as a tie-breaker) scored in 4 pre-determined spring training games. We will do this every two days leading up to the draft(You'll find the schedule below). After each "round", the two owners whose guesses are farthest away from the actual total will be placed at the bottom of the draft order, i.e. The games of the 10th will determine who picks 7th and 8th, games of the 12th determine 5th and 6th, 14th detemine 3rd and 4th, and 16th determine 1st and 2nd. The order will be serpentine, so it will reverse in the 2nd round.

The deadline to get your guesses for all rounds into me is this Tuesday, March 9th. I will post everyones guesses on the league message board for each round on the morning of that day, i.e. everyone's guesses for thegames of the 10th will be posted on the morning of the 10th, with the results posted the following day.

Guesses should be made like this:

10th 32 runs(total for all four games selected on that day), 48 hits(total hits, these will be used as a tie-breaker)
12th 35 runs, 53 hits

and so on.

Here is the schedule

Wednesday,March 10th(to determine 7th and 8th selections)
N.Y.Mets vs. Houston 1:05 PM EST
Chi.White Sox vs Kansas City 4:05 PM
San Diego vs Oakland 4:05 PM
Philadelphia vs Atlanta 7:05

Friday,March 12th(to determine 5th and 6th selections)
Cleveland vs Tampa Bay 1:05 PM EST
Florida vs St.Louis 1:10 PM
Chi.Cubs vs Seattle 4:05 PM
Milwaukee vs San Francisco 4:05 PM

Sunday,March 14th(to determine 3rd and 4th selections)
Baltimore vs Boston 1:05 PM EST
Montreal vs Los Angeles 1:05 PM
Pittsburgh vs N.Y.Yankees 1:15 PM
Seattle vs Texas 4:05 PM

Tuesday,March 16th(to determine 1st and 2nd selections)
Toronto vs Minnesota 1:05 PM EST
Chi.White Sox vs Anahiem 4:05 PM
Colorado vs Arizona 4:05 PM
Boston vs Cincinnati 7:05 PM

Please e-mail your guesses to me at mailto:pootingman@yahoo.com as well as questions you might have about the process or the league in general. I will be posting this message on the league message board as well in case someone doesn't check their mail.

Wiffle League Baseball Info
League ID#: 37613

League Name: Wiffle League Baseball

Draft Type: Autopick Draft

Max Teams: 8

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: August 15, 2004

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: League Votes

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Min Innings Pitched: 7

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: RBI, SB, AVG, SLG, BB, K, ERA, WHIP
Pootingman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:26 pm

interesting idea,

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Classifieds