No pitchers on the bench. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

No pitchers on the bench.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

No pitchers on the bench.

Postby The Kings Dynasty » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Iam creating a league on CBS with minor leaguers and a 25team roster. Instead of using bench spots for pitching iam choosing to use them for batters only. While have 5SP and 6RP spots that includes Saves and Holds for the RP. THis i think will balance out the streaming of pitchers and will also keep a respectful talent list of pitchers on the waivors ...in addition to give pitchers with RP/SP heighten value. any toughts about this...good/bad/suggestions? thx.
The Kings Dynasty
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: No pitchers on the bench.

Postby Amazinz » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:00 pm

I would rather use a roster move limit to prevent streaming than dictate who can keep on your bench. Either that or just go to a no-bench league. I play in one here at the Cafe and it presents some interesting challenges.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Kings Dynasty » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Well its not to prevent streamlining....its more of a realistic factor than anything. Trying to create the illusion of a real league. There are no pitchers on the bench in a real league. Also there will be different approached for your pitching staff and hittters because you cant use the bench you will use a more waiver wire approach for your pitching.
The Kings Dynasty
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Trojan Pony » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:29 am

Eh... I personally don't think having pitchers in bench slots is that anti-realistic... Sometimes I think people go a little too far with sacrificing what works best in fantasy to achieve "realism... I think this might be an instance of that... but that's just my opinion.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner