Draft Day Blues // Rate My Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Draft Day Blues // Rate My Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft Day Blues // Rate My Team

Postby Dan Charette » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:51 pm

I had a draft Sunday in a 14 team h2h league with standard categories + total bases and holds.

I really prepared hard for this draft. I was really ready. Well, I couldn't get in the draft room. I don't know what the problem was. I was totally bummed out when an hour later , I still couldn't get in the draft room. I was HOT
One of my friends called me to see where I was , and he was telling me who the computer was picking for me. A lot of cringing was going on. I finally got in and it was round 19.
It could have been worse than it ended up. I did get 5 players I really wanted. That was my Draft Day Blues.

Here's what I ended up with. Please rate my team :::

c. Ryan Doumit
1B Conor Jackson
2BHowie Kendrick
3B Evan Longoria
LF Shin-Soo Choo
CF B.J. Upton
RF Vlad Guerrero
Util Ichiro Suzuki
Util Nate McLouth

SP Yovanni Gallardo
SP Edison Volquez
SP Justin Verlander
SP Josh Johnson
SP Aaron Harang
SP Jered Weaver
SP Paul Maholm
SP Andy Sonnanstine

RP Joel Hanrahan
RP Chris Perez
RP Grant Balfour
RP Matt Thornton

Bench Juan Rivera
Bench David Murphy
Bench Asdrubal Cabrera

I know I need to find some power. I hope I can salvage this team.

Dan the Bluesman B-)
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Day Blues // Rate My Team

Postby Lsquad » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:09 am

Sorry to hear that, I've been there before, and I know it's no fun. I wish I could say I liked your team more. You have some pieces, but theres allot to distrust. Ichiro and Vlad have had great careers, but have more downside than upside at this point, and don't offer much value. Conor Jackson is fine for a fourth outfielder or a util spot, but is a lead weight on your team at first. Howie needs to stay healthy for a full season. Theres allot to love about Gallardo and Volquez, but ideally they'd be your third and fourth pitchers. All that being said, in a fourteen team league, there are no perfect teams. You could makes some noise if things go right. Keep at it, and with some luck, you'll be able to brag about the year you had with an autodraft team.

check out mine:
viewtopic.php?t=372330
Lsquad
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JRAMI » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am

When life gives you lemons? You make lemonade my friend. Why dont you take that team and make some lemonade with it?

Alas ,be happy the computer didnt select Arod instead of Longoria. Its gonna be a rough year for Arod
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RAmst23 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:25 am

Sorry to hear that as well :-S . I know the draft is one of the more fun aspects of the league, but you can turn it around and fight your way into the playoffs!

first thing I notice... no SS? That's an interesting league you guys have there :-D

You've already mentioned it, lacking in power. Try and find some cheap power guys (Konerko, Thome, Delgado) to boost yourself up where you can. I actually don't think your pitching is too sub-par for a 14 teamer, alot of middle tier guys that have potential. You could try and move a Harang or Verlander for some more hitting if you find a good deal.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dan Charette » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:21 pm

RAmst23 wrote:Sorry to hear that as well :-S . I know the draft is one of the more fun aspects of the league, but you can turn it around and fight your way into the playoffs!

first thing I notice... no SS? That's an interesting league you guys have there :-D

You've already mentioned it, lacking in power. Try and find some cheap power guys (Konerko, Thome, Delgado) to boost yourself up where you can. I actually don't think your pitching is too sub-par for a 14 teamer, alot of middle tier guys that have potential. You could try and move a Harang or Verlander for some more hitting if you find a good deal.

Oops , I forgot to list my shortstop . It's Rafael Furcal.
Dan Charette
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team