Ideas for a chatroom for a draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ideas for a chatroom for a draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ideas for a chatroom for a draft?

Postby chillpony » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:37 pm

Hey all,
I am the comissionwer of a 12 team Yahoo league. The draft will be live online, however, just in case I'd like to set up a backup draft room in case things go goofy for some reason.

Any ideas? A free room would be a huge plus, and a room with the ability to somehow have a top 300 list we can edit as we go, etc.

If not I have good faith in Yahoo but I'd hate for my league to get messed up somehow.
Thanks in advance!
@FantsyChillpony & C.w.meyers@gmail.com
chillpony
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ideas for a chatroom for a draft?

Postby ramble2 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:40 am

I've used Google docs for live drafts and they've worked great. This is the first year Yahoo has the features we need to run our draft (i.e., keeper and traded picks), but Google docs worked nicely for us up until this year.

Simply create a spreadsheet, enter keeper info and traded picks, share the doc with your league and you are good to go. I always like to color code each team so it's easy to see traded picks.

You can see our final results from last year here. We even had two supplemental picks after the 10th and 15th round that we award for second half prizes. With all the colors it's almost a work of art. Um, a fantasy baseball work of art, anyways.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 5)

Re: Ideas for a chatroom for a draft?

Postby chillpony » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks Ramble. Didn't need the board but we fille dit out anyways just to have a draft sheet like the mock drafts in the guides.
@FantsyChillpony & C.w.meyers@gmail.com
chillpony
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Commissioner's Corner