Competitive money league w/friends, WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Competitive money league w/friends, WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Competitive money league w/friends, WHIR

Postby kage812004 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:58 pm

This is a money league with some co-workers and a couple old friends. I won last year. I like my team but I would like it a lot more if A Rod was healthy. Couple of my starting pitchers I feel are question marks. I think my team has a good balance of speed and power but I am wondering do have a little to much speed and should I look to add one more big bat? Please give any feedback and suggestions.

10 team Yahoo, standard scoring, 1 extra of and ut spot, and 2 extra bench spots.

C-Chris Iannetta
1b-Chris Davis
2b-Rickie Weeks(not sure about this, nice speed if he can get average up)
3b-Ryan Zimmerman(A rod when healthy)
ss-Rafael Furcal
of-Ryan Braun
of-Carlos Quintin
of-Carl Crawford
of-Curtis Granderson
ut-Jay Bruce
ut-Elijah Dukes
bench-Arod and Nelson Cruz

SP-Liriano, Edinson Volquez, Ryan Dempster, Max Scherzer, David Price, Jerod Weaver and John Maine(Weaver and Maine im not to sure about...should I keep these 2 or look for something else?)

RP-Francisco Rodriguez, Francisco Cordero, Chad Qualls, George Sherrill, and Brandon Lyon

couple free agents i have my eye on are...Denard Span, Melvin Mora, Billy Butler, Konerko, Hank Blalock, Delmon Young, Ian Stewrt, Adam Laroche, Pelfrey, Smoltz, Guthrie and a few other pitchers but ill stop there.
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Competitive money league w/friends, WHIR

Postby kage812004 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:36 pm

anyone? WHIR
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby frolfsox » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm

Head to head or ROTO league???

i would drop maine or weaver for smoltz and stash him on your DL, if he starts the season there. i think your pitching staff so do well. scherzer is a question mark, huge upside tho. i always find pitchers throughtout the season, so i wouldnt rush to pick anyone up til the season starts

is aviles for kansas available?, he has huge upside as well as 2B/SS.

i like span, tore it up last year while he was in the show.

dukes is another i am not convinced on. wait and see here.

power you should be fine in, especially if a-rod comes back strong.

if iannetta struggles check out baker for the marlins. might be batting second, so he should score some runs

any thoughts on my teamhttp://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372593
frolfsox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:32 pm

i think you could use another good starter. Volquez was good last season overall, but im not sure id expect the same thing in 2009. his 1st/2nd splits were pretty different. 1st- 2.29 ERA/ 1.24 WHIP. 2nd- 4.60 ERA/ 1.46 WHIP.
you could trade one of your OF players and then pick up someone like Paul Konerko and use him in the UT spot. Konerko should be better this season, and hes allready having a great spring (.357 AVG/ .400 OBP/ .595 SLG/ 3 HR).
LaRoche is interesting, but not early in the season. he is someone to maybe pick up when Arod goes on the DL and then keep LaRoche on the bench until later in the season.

if you could trade Sherrill and/or Lyon for good value i think id try that. im not sure id expect either of them to last long closing, especially Sherrill who was awful in the 2nd half last season and the Orioles could go with Chris Ray who is back healthy.

help?
viewtopic.php?t=372421
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 74)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tvaldivi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:18 pm

Is this a keeper league? If so you have to like your chances with the young pitching that you have as well Braun and Bruce. One thing I would be concerned about however is your pitching for this year. In a 10 team league I don't really see a clear cut #1 guy, I see a bunch of #2's and 3's but not a #1. That could work out for you if one of them steps up but it would be nice to have a guy you could count on start in and start out to produce like an ace.

help with mine....viewtopic.php?t=372619
tvaldivi
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Postby kage812004 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:29 am

thanks for the responses, im off to work so i will respond to the people who left links tonight. couple more responses would be great and yes this is a head to head league.
GO SOX!! GO PATS!!
kage812004
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team