Help in Minor League Draft (g.beckham vs smoak vs alonso) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Help in Minor League Draft (g.beckham vs smoak vs alonso)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help in Minor League Draft (g.beckham vs smoak vs alonso)

Postby bluejkrew » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:11 am

There are 2 years left in my keeper league. (2010 being the last year). With that in mind, which of these players do you guys think will provide the most impact in the next 2 years, in terms of their production and when they'll be called up?? (overall fantasy value)

Gordon Beckham
Justin Smoak
Yonder Alonso

As of now, I'm leaning towards beckham due to his position and 5-tool status. I been hearing great things from you guys about smoak and alonso though..
bluejkrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Help in Minor League Draft (g.beckham vs smoak vs alonso)

Postby Chairboys » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:44 am

bluejkrew wrote:There are 2 years left in my keeper league. (2010 being the last year). With that in mind, which of these players do you guys think will provide the most impact in the next 2 years, in terms of their production and when they'll be called up?? (overall fantasy value)

Gordon Beckham
Justin Smoak
Yonder Alonso

As of now, I'm leaning towards beckham due to his position and 5-tool status. I been hearing great things from you guys about smoak and alonso though..

Of the 3, I'd suggest Beckham. Given your limited timeframe, he seems to be the one with the clearest and quickest path to a big league job. Seems destined to take over at 2B for the White Sox sooner than later, with a high likelihood of being the starter at the position by no later than spring 2010.

They all have strong skills, so lean towards the one with the best opportunity.

As always, best of luck and cheers! ;-D
Chairboys
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Re: Help in Minor League Draft (g.beckham vs smoak vs alonso)

Postby hybrid » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:08 am

2 years left? So any of these guys will only even be in the majors for 1 year before the end? I'd take Smoak or Beckham and deal him for someone that can help you now. Unless you really will need a 2b next year, then maybe keep Beckham.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Minor League & College Baseball