Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:43 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:Gotta say, the point systems great and the first week was a ton of fun. Getting a cycle today was definitely awesome. looks to be a great league ;-D

I'm pretty happy that I didn't try to blow off SP because they went way earlier than standard leagues. The wire really has basically nothing for pitchers but a good number of hitters worth owning are still around.

Getting the W for the week without Hamels was excellent. Clearly Marco Scutaro will carry me to victory every week.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby marsrover21 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:22 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:Well we had are draft yesterday, and needless to say my inexperience with an NL only league may have killed me in the draft, and the fact I really wasn't pleased as much with finding I was the #1 pick, I generally like a few picks in between mine. !+) !+)

snip

What's you're team name? Also, any clue who everyone else is?
marsrover21
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:Gotta say, the point systems great and the first week was a ton of fun. Getting a cycle today was definitely awesome. looks to be a great league ;-D

I'm pretty happy that I didn't try to blow off SP because they went way earlier than standard leagues. The wire really has basically nothing for pitchers but a good number of hitters worth owning are still around.

Getting the W for the week without Hamels was excellent. Clearly Marco Scutaro will carry me to victory every week.

I nearly punted pitching and while my staff is pretty good, it's not that deep. My team scored a boatload of points even with the bad showing from the offense, which is nice despite the loss. Having plenty of two-start pitchers and a lot of SP looks to be the key. In fact, I'm going to punt saves entirely.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

I nearly punted pitching and while my staff is pretty good, it's not that deep. My team scored a boatload of points even with the bad showing from the offense, which is nice despite the loss. Having plenty of two-start pitchers and a lot of SP looks to be the key. In fact, I'm going to punt saves entirely.

I'll take your closers....

Saves are easy points.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:03 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:

My rotation is nine deep. B-)

I'm hoping to find more hitting on the wire and flip it for pitching asap.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:I'm pretty happy that I didn't try to blow off SP because they went way earlier than standard leagues. The wire really has basically nothing for pitchers but a good number of hitters worth owning are still around.

My rotation is nine deep. B-)

I'm hoping to find more hitting on the wire and flip it for pitching asap.

You know it. The good news is I have the mightiest flipping chip of all: Emilio Bonifacio. B-)
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Is it too soon to deal Wright for Josh Johnson?
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed May 27, 2009 2:28 pm

I saw Andy did a writeup about the ProAm league on Yahoo and remembered this thread. FBC isn't winning. :^

So, Aussie, AD, kaveman, and Yanks, have we all agreed never to mention the Evans league ever again after the season ends? I'm not sure if the free stat tracker for all leagues negates the train wreck-like nature of the actual league. :-P
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed May 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I saw Andy did a writeup about the ProAm league on Yahoo and remembered this thread. FBC isn't winning. :^

I have actually spent most of the last month at the top of the standings. About a week ago my team completely stopped hitting (seriously, I've lost about 13 points - .280 to .267 - in average) and it has cost me... RUmp has been pretty solid as well. Hort is a turncoat, so who cares about him? And Mugrila... Well, he has time to turn it around. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed May 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I saw Andy did a writeup about the ProAm league on Yahoo and remembered this thread. FBC isn't winning. :^

So, Aussie, AD, kaveman, and Yanks, have we all agreed never to mention the Evans league ever again after the season ends? I'm not sure if the free stat tracker for all leagues negates the train wreck-like nature of the actual league. :-P

Agreed. What an awful scoring system.

And Evans claims to have been playing this for 15 years? Ugh! :-P

Plus, I just had 4 injuries in 2 days to my pitching staff, and that's the only thing that matters in the league. :-t
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers