CI - Alex Gordon
MI - Marco Scutaro
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - Shane Victorino
OF - Johnny Damon
OF - Coco Crisp
OF - Ryan Spilborghs
UTIL - Travis Ishikawa

SP - Cole Hamels, Zack Greinke, Randy Johnson, Johnny Cueto, Chris Volstad, David Purcey
RP - Francisco Cordero, Kerry Wood, Matt Lindstrom

Bench - Ken Griffey Jr., Leo Nunez, Brett Anderson, Franklin Morales, Shawn Hill
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:52 pm

I went with the hitters too. My hitting turned out very sold. My pitching is a huge risk that either pays off in the big way and carries me to the finals, or doesn't I end up at the bottom of the league. No room for a middle place finish here.

Batters
C: Kelly Shoppach (C), Jason Varitek (C)
1B: Ryan Howard (1B)
2B: Alexei Ramirez (2B,SS,OF)
3B: Evan Longoria (3B)
SS: Mike Aviles (2B,SS)
CI: Garrett Atkins (1B,3B)
MI: Orlando Hudson (2B)
OF: Alex Rios (OF), Justin Upton (OF), Milton Bradley (OF), Rick Ankiel (OF), Travis Snider (OF)
Util: Jason Kubel (OF)
BN: Russell Branyan (3B)

Pitchers
SP: Scott Kazmir (SP), Rich Harden (SP), Scott Baker (SP), John Maine (SP), Anthony Reyes (SP,RP), Gio Gonzalez (SP)
RP: Brad Lidge (RP), Troy Percival (RP), Rick Porcello (RP)
BN: John Lannan (SP), Kevin Millwood (SP), Jo-Jo Reyes (SP), Mark Lowe (RP)

I got Scott Baker SO late I was shocked. Slowey was taken before him even though Baker's the ace with the higher ceiling. I was thrilled with him. Everything else in my draft was meh. I didn't like taking Harden but in such a pitching heavy league I had to take the chance that late.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Yanks_Baby wrote:I got Scott Baker SO late I was shocked. Slowey was taken before him even though Baker's the ace with the higher ceiling. I was thrilled with him. Everything else in my draft was meh. I didn't like taking Harden but in such a pitching heavy league I had to take the chance that late.

I'd say Slowey has a higher ceiling and I'd much rather have Slowey than Baker as a Twins fan, better K-rates and BB-rates, but that's not to say I don't like Baker either, just Slowey better. I mean damn a .85 WHIP in 367 minor league innings is hard not to love :-B
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:01 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:I got Scott Baker SO late I was shocked. Slowey was taken before him even though Baker's the ace with the higher ceiling. I was thrilled with him. Everything else in my draft was meh. I didn't like taking Harden but in such a pitching heavy league I had to take the chance that late.

I'd say Slowey has a higher ceiling and I'd much rather have Slowey than Baker as a Twins fan, better K-rates and BB-rates, but that's not to say I don't like Baker either, just Slowey better. I mean damn a .85 WHIP in 367 minor league innings is hard not to love :-B

True. Maybe I was too sure in my opinion of Baker, but I'm still happier with Baker. Especially since he's an ace, and IP and CG are worth a lot in this leauge and the ace of a staff will get more opportunities and IP.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:07 pm

I was surprised I got Hamels so late.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kaveman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:15 pm

Here's my roster.
C Ramón Hernández(Cin - C)
C A.J. Pierzynski(CWS - C)
1B Justin Morneau(Min - 1B)
2B Kelly Johnson(Atl - 2B)
3B Mike Lowell(Bos - 3B)
SS Cristian Guzmán(Was - SS)
CI Troy Glaus(StL - 3B)
MI Jason Bartlett(TB - SS)
OF Raúl Ibañez(Phi - OF)
OF Chris Young(Ari - OF)
OF Pat Burrell(TB - OF)
OF Brad Hawpe(Col - OF)
OF Randy Winn(SF - OF)
Util Ben Francisco(Cle - OF)
SP Tim Lincecum(SF - SP)
SP John Lackey(LAA - SP)
SP Jon Lester(Bos - SP)
SP Matt Cain(SF - SP)
SP Ubaldo Jiménez(Col - SP)
SP Mark Buehrle(CWS - SP)
RP Jonathan Papelbon(Bos - RP)
RP Jonathan Broxton(LAD - RP)
RP Chris Ray(Bal - RP)
BN Marcus Thames(Det - OF)
BN Armando Galarraga(Det - SP)
BN Ian Snell(Pit - SP)
BN Fernando Rodney(Det - RP)
BN Daniel Cabrera(Was - SP)

I agree with AD. Lack of hitting consistency is going to be a big issue for my team. I guessing there will be weeks when I blow teams out of the water and weeks where I get killed.
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:16 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:I was surprised I got Hamels so late.

Tell me about it. Sabathia, Lincecum, Johan, and Webb go in the first round. Halladay and Haren go early second and I guess you can consider yourself lucky to nab Hamels in the middle.

I thought Peavy would be a great bargain in the late 3rd. Folks are down on him with the WBC and all, but if he goes 200 innings, there's a chance he gets double digits in wins. Even James Shields had gone a pick or two before Peavy.

The best top SP bargains to me were Beckett late 4th and Roy Oswalt just two picks away from me in the 5th. I think I did fine in grabbing Felix there. I see him as Lincecum was last year, with many reluctant to draft him so high because his win total was projected to be lousy.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:I was surprised I got Hamels so late.

Tell me about it. Sabathia, Lincecum, Johan, and Webb go in the first round. Halladay and Haren go early second and I guess you can consider yourself lucky to nab Hamels in the middle.

I thought Peavy would be a great bargain in the late 3rd. Folks are down on him with the WBC and all, but if he goes 200 innings, there's a chance he gets double digits in wins. Even James Shields had gone a pick or two before Peavy.

The best top SP bargains to me were Beckett late 4th and Roy Oswalt just two picks away from me in the 5th. I think I did fine in grabbing Felix there. I see him as Lincecum was last year, with many reluctant to draft him so high because his win total was projected to be lousy.

King Felix was a sweet pick. I was going to take him if he was still around for my pick but I had to settle for Kaz.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:24 pm

I debated Beckett and Oswalt with my 4/5 picks, would've been nice to have either of them with Hamels in this league.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm interested in Hamels. Just gonna through it out there. I'm not afraid to move a good player if need be.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers