Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:55 am

Grounded Polo wrote:I love when the scoring makes CC the #1 overall pick. :-D

I did like the completely out of left fieldness of the settings with 16 teams H2H points.

Who is everyone there anyway? I recognized AD, kaveman, Aussie, and Art V.

I'm Elmo's Elite.

And that draft was very odd. I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage for not picking a top 5 pitcher, but then again, Evans and others didn't take one either and he's been playing this set up for 12 years.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:59 am

Yanks_Baby wrote:

I did like the completely out of left fieldness of the settings with 16 teams H2H points.

And that draft was very odd. I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage for not picking a top 5 pitcher, but then again, Evans and others didn't take one either and he's been playing this set up for 12 years.

I didn't either, I just couldn't stomach it.
Nolasco is the 5th turned my stool a funny colour as it was :-b

Yanks_Baby wrote:I'm Elmo's Elite.

Oh so you're the guy who wouldn't shut up :-D :-B
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:02 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Yanks_Baby wrote:

I didn't either, I just couldn't stomach it.
Nolasco is the 5th turned my stool a funny colour as it was :-b

Yanks_Baby wrote:I'm Elmo's Elite.

Oh so you're the guy who wouldn't shut up :-D :-B

That's me B-)

I'm always like that during draft. I love drafting and talk out of excitement. lol

My pitching staff is such a huge risk. If Harden can stay healthy for most the year I'm set in pitching.

But that's a huge if.

Then again, maybe the National league will suit him better than the A's and the al and he'll turn out to have a phenominal season....

I can hope :-o
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:07 am

I was thinking I'd pull a fast one and grab Johan at #7, maybe Lincecum and didn't even get the chance. I'm happy with David Wright but I never own my favorite player and now I own him on 3 of my 5 teams. If he goes, my fantasy season is over. :-o

I'm fine with taking Hamels early though, I think he'll be fine and Greinke is a high end #2 guy. It gets less promising after that.

Kaveman went nuts with the pitching.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:16 am

Grounded Polo wrote:I was thinking I'd pull a fast one and grab Johan at #7, maybe Lincecum and didn't even get the chance. I'm happy with David Wright but I never own my favorite player and now I own him on 3 of my 5 teams. If he goes, my fantasy season is over. :-o

If I was there (instead of late :-o ) I would have picked Wright or Sizemore instead of Reyes. :-/

Grounded Polo wrote:Kaveman went nuts with the pitching.

His hitting isn't totally atrocious, like you'd expect with pitching like that. ;-D
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:46 am

Reyes is not a bad pick at all when we're counting doubles and triples. Really, he's basically equal to Hanley here and would have been pretty legit at #1 overall.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Grounded Polo wrote:I was thinking I'd pull a fast one and grab Johan at #7, maybe Lincecum and didn't even get the chance. I'm happy with David Wright but I never own my favorite player and now I own him on 3 of my 5 teams. If he goes, my fantasy season is over. :-o

If I was there (instead of late :-o ) I would have picked Wright or Sizemore instead of Reyes. :-/

His hitting isn't totally atrocious, like you'd expect with pitching like that. ;-D

Every cloud has a silver lining. I'll be playing in Behrens' Roto Arcade Pro-Am again this year with Mugrila and presumably rump and ABS (they haven't signed up yet, bug Mugs has). Got the invitation this morning. ;-D I need to beat rump this year for the crown. B-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby kaveman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:05 pm

AussieDodger wrote:

It's a points league, so I don't really care where the points come from. The point system seems to favor SP who throw a lot of innings, ie Lincecum with almost a 100 points over the Reyes. Seeing Evans go hitting heavy though has me a little worried considering he's been playing this format for over a decade. My strategy was just to pick the BPA, make sure I get two everyday catchers, and get at least 2 solid closers.
kaveman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yanks_Baby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:27 pm

kaveman wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:

It's a points league, so I don't really care where the points come from. The point system seems to favor SP who throw a lot of innings, ie Lincecum with almost a 100 points over the Reyes. Seeing Evans go hitting heavy though has me a little worried considering he's been playing this format for over a decade. My strategy was just to pick the BPA, make sure I get two everyday catchers, and get at least 2 solid closers.

Kaveman... I'd like some of that pitching if you want to give me :-b
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:32 pm

I went hitting-heavy myself:

C - Ryan Doumit, Rod Barajas
1B - Hank Blalock
2B - Chase Utley
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
SS - Stephen Drew
CI - Ian Stewart
MI - Ryan Theriot
OF - Ryan Braun, Matt Holliday, Jacoby Ellsbury, Elijah Dukes, Eric Byrnes
UT - Jim Thome

BN - Ty Wigginton, Brandon Wood

SP - Felix Hernandez, Adam Wainwright, Aaron Harang, John Smoltz, Kenshin Kawakami, Jesse Litsch
RP - Matt Capps, Mike Gonzalez, David Aardsma

BN - Justin Masterson, Homer Bailey, Jon Rauch

The key, I think, is getting pitchers who are capable of throwing 200 IP so that they go long in games to get wins. A few pitchers, mainly Sabathia, are really overvalued. That said, if I could take back one thing, it's picking Capps over Brett Myers; they both dropped rather late, but I didn't feel like punting saves completely. Whatever the case, I want to get my points in hitting because that's normally what stays consistent week to week.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers