Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 am

So I just opened up my mailbox and was pleasantly surprised to see an invite out for one of the Yahoo! Experts leagues that they asked people to send in requests to get them, bear in mind this was early Feb. so I thought I was passed over with ease. Anyways, I was invited to play in Andy Behren's NL-Only Roto league, which should be exciting since a) I've never done an AL/NL Only league and b) I thought about joining one this year but held back.

But enough about my luck, I was mostly curious to see if anyone else had put their name in the hat and in turn received an invite to one of the expert blog leagues?:

• Brandon Funston, AL-only head-to-head
• Scott Pianowski, mixed roto
• Brad Evans, mixed head-to-head points league
• Andy Behrens, NL-only roto
• Matt Romig, mixed head-to-head

Now I just have to get some research done, mostly on what players to grab that would have Behrens sell his soul to get }:-)

Also, if you guys want I'll post the draft (which is next Thursday at Noon O'Clock) and maybe keep some updates during the season.

Big thanks to Andy for the invite too ;D
Last edited by WickedSmaat on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Y! Fantasy Expert Leagues

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:25 am

I wrote in on wanting in one of those blog leagues, but didn't get in. I shouldn't have pointed out my MDC expert draft nor said I'm a Cafe regular after all. :-b

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:28 am

WickedSmaat wrote:Now I just have to get some research done, mostly on what players to grab that would have Behrens sell his soul to get }:-)

Focus on one guy to your detriment. :-X
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Old_Style » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:54 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I wrote in on wanting in one of those blog leagues, but didn't get in. I shouldn't have pointed out my MDC expert draft nor said I'm a Cafe regular after all. :-b

The dreaded double whammy.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:46 am

Thursday at noon? :-o

So what was your exact email to them? I put down I'm a cafe regular also so obviously, no response. !+)
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby ayebatter » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
Also, if you guys want I'll post the draft (which is next Thursday at Noon O'Clock) and maybe keep some updates during the season.

Yes plz, we would love to see how you've done in you 1st 'Only' league. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Grounded Polo wrote:Thursday at noon? :-o

So what was your exact email to them? I put down I'm a cafe regular also so obviously, no response. !+)

Yeah, all I said was that I'd like to be in a league and was glad it wasn't a basketball league, because it most likely would ruin my 100% championships in Fantasy Basketball(1 league of course). It may have been the fact that I was one of the first ones to e-mail too, since I was browsing the Y!Blogs when I saw it come up at the time after refreshing. Or he could have liked my e-mail address. But, I guess Andy is the only one who actually knows why.

And for sure I'll post the draft, only 2 bench spots in this league so it's not too deep, but still deep enough as an only league :-o
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigNoise » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Attention Yahoo! expert bashers! The "Silence the Noise Challenge" is looking for six more willing, dedicated participants. The draft is scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 8 PM CT.

If you house inappropriate feelings for Billy Butler or simply want to drop-kick the Noise, shoot him an email at bignoise78@yahoo.com. Be sure to include a valid email address in your message.

Bring the noise, Cafers.
BigNoise
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:30 pm

BigNoise wrote:Attention Yahoo! expert bashers! The "Silence the Noise Challenge" is looking for six more willing, dedicated participants. The draft is scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 8 PM CT.

If you house inappropriate feelings for Billy Butler or simply want to drop-kick the Noise, shoot him an email at bignoise78@yahoo.com. Be sure to include a valid email address in your message.

Bring the noise, Cafers.

you've got mail, my friend.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:51 pm

BigNoise wrote:Attention Yahoo! expert bashers! The "Silence the Noise Challenge" is looking for six more willing, dedicated participants. The draft is scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday) night at 8 PM CT.

Bring the noise, Cafers.

Dropped you an email. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers