Working for Lenny Dykstra - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Working for Lenny Dykstra

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Working for Lenny Dykstra

Postby bigken117 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 255)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Working for Lenny Dykstra

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 pm

just a couple months ago i read a really nice article on dykstra and how successful he had become in options trading and then this article comes out. fwiw dykstra has come out and denied the accusations to the inquirer here in philly, but i dont know how believable it is now. interesting situation though.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:12 am

I remember reading in "The Bad Guys Won" that Dykstra was the most ridiculous gambler ever.
People like that don't usually go very far.

I can't believe what he said about his first four covers. 8-o X-I %-6 X-I
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 pm

He did spend seven years in Philly. It's sad but some people never recover from that type of thing. :-D

On a serious note, I will always have a special place in my heart for Nails because he was a childhood hero. BUT Dykstra is a major expletive. This was known long before this article. He had a long reputation of treating people badly. There are plenty of horror stories of him and young Mets fans. So it would not surprise me if this is all true.

Am I the only one who would think it was funny if my/your boss came into the office rubbing his $500 tie on his crotch? Good times. :-B
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phatferd » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Amazinz wrote:Am I the only one who would think it was funny if my/your boss came into the office rubbing his $500 tie on his crotch? Good times. :-B

It sure beats staring at a computer screen all day.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Art Vandelay » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:35 pm

Amazinz wrote:Am I the only one who would think it was funny if my/your boss came into the office rubbing his $500 tie on his crotch? Good times. :-B

Meh.

Now if the boss was rubbing it on my crotch, that would be interesting.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:45 pm

Yeah not so much if my boss looked like Lenny Dykstra...
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CadensDad » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:

Meh.

Now if the boss was rubbing it on my crotch, that would be nice.

FIFY

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 27)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:33 pm

Amazinz wrote:He did spend seven years in Philly. It's sad but some people never recover from that type of thing. :-D

On a serious note, I will always have a special place in my heart for Nails because he was a childhood hero. BUT Dykstra is a major expletive. This was known long before this article. He had a long reputation of treating people badly. There are plenty of horror stories of him and young Mets fans. So it would not surprise me if this is all true.

Am I the only one who would think it was funny if my/your boss came into the office rubbing his $500 tie on his crotch? Good times. :-B

wait a second...you guys consider nails a hero? he played longer and better in philly...

yeah, like i said, im not surprised at the allegations but really, who cares...

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:06 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:wait a second...you guys consider nails a hero? he played longer and better in philly...

I don't think you're considering it in context. I am 13 years old when Nails breaks onto the scene and plays baseball with a reckless abandon unlike anyone I had ever seen. The following season the Mets won the World Series. That was a highly impressionable period in my life so yes Dykstra will also hold a special place in the hearts of Mets fans my age.

As for playing longer and better... If you're claiming ownership, you can have him.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk