Bedard and Beltre - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Bedard and Beltre

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bedard and Beltre

Postby Tayma » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 pm

Tue, Mar 17

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer's John Hickey reports Seattle Mariners SP Erik Bedard and 3B Adrian Beltre could be traded this season.
(KFFL)

From Yahoo.... Where do they go and do you think it increases or drecreases their value? :-?

Sidenote: The Newspaper that is printing this is going to stop printing. which made me laugh alittle. :-B
Tayma
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bedard and Beltre

Postby Terrordome666 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:05 am

Yankees need a 3B, that would boast Beltres value.

Bedard would have equaling factors depending on where he goes. Seattle is a pitchers park but they are not going to score a lot of runs for him. If he goes to a contender that is not one of the garbage homerun parks then his value goes up.
Terrordome666
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bazzy_51 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:07 pm

Terrordome666 wrote:Yankees need a 3B, that would boast Beltres value.

Bedard would have equaling factors depending on where he goes. Seattle is a pitchers park but they are not going to score a lot of runs for him. If he goes to a contender that is not one of the garbage homerun parks then his value goes up.

you really think thats gonna happen? they aren't gonna give up alot to find a replacement, hell its not like Arod is out for the season, i think people are blowing this whole situation WAYYYYYY out of proportion... yankees aren't gonna trade away a prime piece of a puzzle to get a replacement 3B that will play for a month and then be a bench player... think a bout it...

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby clevername » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:32 pm

I was wondering that when the news first came out. People on the radio kept bringing up Garrett Atkins and I kept wondering why the Yankees would give away what it takes to get Atkins only to have to find somewhere to play him once ARod came back this year, even if that was kinda iffy, and next year for sure.

A brand new Bedard sweepstakes, though I'd think he'd net much less than what they had to give up for him the first time.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby B-Chad » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Sat, Mar 21

LHP Erik Bedard still is on schedule to make the starting rotation, but he's missed enough time because of a sore right gluteus maximus, that it will be close, manager Don Wakamatsu said. "Everything seems to be good with him," the manager said. "(But) he's got three more starts here, and that's going to be close."

(Yahoo! Sports)

This has to be a typo, hahahaha. I'm fairly confident he makes the starting rotation :-B . I'm assuming this means opening day start.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Injuries & Player Updates