I'm asking this question as a commissioner of a 2nd year league on Yahoo Baseball PLUS. We had a great time last year, but unfortunately, almost none of the managers in 2008 can come back this year. So I've been recruiting managers.
What surprised me is that, though I designed the league system fairly real and interesting (I believe), there has been no interest of joining so far. I don't know what's wrong. Maybe because I only posted on Yahoo's forum? or maybe I spread the word too late, and good baseball fans had their hands full with all other leagues already?I just don't know.
For your evaluation, below is my invitation letter that I also posted on Yahoo's fantasy forum. If anyone's interested to join, you have my gratitude!
***Somehow Completely Different: An Invitation to Dorasaga's Fantasy PLUS
>>If you know someone who likes to try this, please pass on the message below<<
New Season, more green. It has nothing to do with our new economy policy here. I'm talking about the baseball season really kicking in.
I recently purchased a Yahoo Fantasy Baseball PLUS league, and I'm looking forward to more friends joining me.
Here's what this is, the Dorasaga League
- Two divisions: "Honor" and "Dignity"; we have a postseason for the best teams
- A prize for the winner
- Efficiency: Trade will go through one day later
- A smaller and better manageable team roster-- I know most of us are working people: 17 total, one for each position player, 3 starting pitchers and 4 relief, 2 bench
- Live Draft and Keeper (You can use up to 2 players from your last year's final fantasy roster if you participated. I shall continue the league next year, and you will be able to move players for next year as well.)
- Head to Head play--it's more exciting to have a rivalry--compete against an opponent every week. Wins or losses are calculated after how your team performed and generated Fantasy Points*
- You can find all at Yahoo Help:http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/baseba ... lp-55.html
- *Fantasy Point:
I studied how baseball researchers evaluate players and devised a point system for Dorasaga League ("Doli" in short). Since a fantasy team will comprise of players from more than one real MLB team, I adapted events that reflect more of individual contribution, instead of stats that contain their teammates' help.
I'm confident with the general accuracy and service that Yahoo Fantasy Baseball PLUS provides, and the accuracy of their point calculation.
Depending on the stat category, Doli attributes a range of higher point and lower point value to each event category, some positive and some negative. For example, a one-base hit is worth "1" point, while a home run is "4.8" points. If you still have questions about the point system after you joined Doli, please ask.
- Other Doli features...
- In order to accommodate World Baseball Classic, the 2009 regular season will start later, Apr 6. Doli will draft on Saturday, March 28, 9:00pm CST. We may change the draft time if the majority agrees
- Four moves per week, 36 per season; trade is encouraged
Below is the access to Doli.
Link:http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... gue_select
Before you join, you should be ready to apply these general rules:
1. You agree to abide by good sportsmanship while playing Dorasaga League.
2. You agree to not use any derogative or ad-hominem language in Dorasaga League.
3. You will take the commissioner's decision as final and will respect the decision. (You may file unrighteous actions to the commissioner or Yahoo, if you need to.)
4. You agree to pay the PLUS league fee of six US Dollars by either wire-transfer or money-order. (Residence in Japan and Taiwan can pay in other formats.)
5. You will promptly respond to league actions and to requests from other participating managers.
I hope to see you soon... Let's play some hardball!