Jeff Baker - 2B - Colorado Rockies - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Jeff Baker - 2B - Colorado Rockies

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Jeff Baker - 2B - Colorado Rockies

Postby Houser33 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:05 pm

In 538 career AB's:

R: 91
HR: 22
RBI: 85
SB: 6
AVG: .262

Would it be reasonable to expect similar numbers assuming he played full time this year? Those are pretty decent numbers for a 2B. It's also Coors and the lineup provides plenty of protection. One thing I noticed in his splits from last year was that he was either really cold or really hot. He had 2 months where he batted over .320 and then 2 months where he was under .200. Barmes/Stewart will most likely poach some AB's but from what I;ve read, Colorado doesnt want Stewart at 2B. Meaning, he only has Barmes to contend with. Is it possible Baker could take this thing and run with it? Discuss.
Houser33
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Jeff Baker - 2B - Colorado Rockies

Postby tiggis » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:38 am

If I project 350 at bats:

68r/15hr/60rbi/5sb/.276avg
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby swyck » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:54 pm

Houser33 wrote:In 538 career AB's:

R: 91
HR: 22
RBI: 85
SB: 6
AVG: .262

Would it be reasonable to expect similar numbers assuming he played full time this year? Those are pretty decent numbers for a 2B. It's also Coors and the lineup provides plenty of protection. One thing I noticed in his splits from last year was that he was either really cold or really hot. He had 2 months where he batted over .320 and then 2 months where he was under .200. Barmes/Stewart will most likely poach some AB's but from what I;ve read, Colorado doesnt want Stewart at 2B. Meaning, he only has Barmes to contend with. Is it possible Baker could take this thing and run with it? Discuss.

[quote]]Colorado Rockies 2B Jeff Baker (elbow) was scratched from the lineup Tuesday, March 17, after originally being scheduled to start at second base. Baker has only played in two games so far this spring.[/quote

It looks like Barmes has the early lead at 2B from here. If Barmes does well Baker will have to wait for someone else to falter or do badly. IMO he'll get his shot this year, but it won't add up to full season play.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Houser33 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:21 pm

I just noticed the spring training stats for Colorado and they dont bode well for Baker. Only 5 AB's compared to Barmes' 30.
Houser33
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tiggis » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Houser33 wrote:I just noticed the spring training stats for Colorado and they dont bode well for Baker. Only 5 AB's compared to Barmes' 30.

Tue, Mar 17

The Denver Post's Troy E. Renck reports Colorado Rockies IF/OF Ian Stewart is closing in on a spot on the opening day roster after manager Clint Hurdle said he could play second base again if necessary.

(KFFL)
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates