Alexi Casilla - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Alexi Casilla

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Alexi Casilla

Postby Skimo77 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:50 pm

So i was wondering if i could get some of your opinions on him... last year he batted .281 7hrs 50rbis and 7 sb's in basically half a season... i had him on my team and loved when he was in ... but it seems everyone shovels dirt on him in the position rankings.... Yahoo has him ranked as the 24th ranked second basemen which makes no sense to me... i feel like if he plays the whole season he could definitely be a top 10 2nd basemen at worse... any thoughts? or do i just have a man-crush
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Alexi Casilla

Postby gocardinals413 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:38 pm

yea this is the first year that he has been on my team and I have never heard of him, right now I have him as a back up for Aviles. Any opinions?
gocardinals413
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kab21 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:09 pm

His Hr's and RBI's last year were a fluke (look at his MiLB stats). don't expect more than 5 for the whole season. But he is a very good SB sleeper. Depending on what happens with Span (does he start?) and Gomez (does he bat 9th?) Casilla could get alot of AB's in front of Mauer and Morneau in the #2 spot. But I don't think he'll be a top 10 2B unless he gets 30-40 SB's which is not impossible (but unlikely).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 170)

Postby Bozo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:26 pm

He had a mixed up year last year. He showed great speed and not much power or average in his minor league career; then he comes up to the Twins and hits for power and average but doesn't run at all. I still can't figure that out. I expect his year that things will return to normal i.e 25 bags with 5 HRs, a .270 BA and maybe 80 runs scored. He is burning it up in the spring, another 4 hit game today with 2 SBs. He is being overlooked by many but should be a cheap source for speed.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby StringerBell » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:26 pm

I owned him in the 2nd half of last year. His average and run procuction were shockingly good. The only drawback was that he was hardly ever sent to steal.
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MaudDib » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:10 pm

Depending on how deep a league you are in, I am not sure I would be that happy to have him as your starting 2B. He has always been considered one of the top 2B prospects. I would expect him to get you similar HR totals, AVG and RBI. I think he will be batting 2nd which should give him more runs, AB and hopefully a green light for more SB's. I don't think he will break the top 10 but top 15 is easily reachable.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby StringerBell » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:04 pm

MaudDib wrote: I think he will be batting 2nd which should give him more runs, AB and hopefully a green light for more SB's. I don't think he will break the top 10 but top 15 is easily reachable.

he batted 2nd last year and was hardly ever sent.
.....ain't nobody got nothing to say about a 40-degree day. ...
StringerBell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby livinginarizona » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:23 pm

What are people's opinion of him in the UTIL spot on a fantasy team....all I'm looking from him would be average, runs, and stolen bases......
livinginarizona Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Padres Fan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 am

I would grab him if I had a weak 2B like Richie Weeks, and stash him on the bench, but with Aaron Hill on most waivers, that would be the most attractive option there.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=372721
Padres Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Injuries & Player Updates