Brandon Wood - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Brandon Wood

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Brandon Wood

Postby jcde7ago » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:36 pm

Sjeff22 wrote:Worth picking up in a 12 Teamer league with SLUGGING and OBP and NO cat for AVG?

If you need the power, absolutely.
12-Team Yahoo! H2H Keeper League - 3-Sport Dynasty - Year 4 - Jonny D's Team
Keepers: Albert Pujols/Jose Reyes/Ryan Braun/Grady Sizemore/Evan Longoria/Tim Lincecum = SWEET!

#25 - Barry Bonds - 73, 762
jcde7ago
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:44 pm

From MLB.com

Wood will serve in a reserve role with the Angels, according to manager Mike Scioscia, and if he doesn't get enough at-bats he might get sent back to the Minors.

"Right now, he's going to be a reserve player for us," Scioscia said. "We're confident he can go out there and help us, but he won't be up here sitting for two weeks or three weeks without playing. If there's no role for him, then we'll have to reevaluate it."

Really? Good luck with Izturis as your DH and #3 hitter. !+)
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 43)

Postby Ender » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:51 pm

Scioscia is one of those guys who has a lot of success a manager but I always seem to disagree with the choices he makes. Hard to say if it is just the weak division giving him wins or him actually being right though~.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MotorCityKitties » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:55 pm

rookies and cream wrote:From MLB.com

Wood will serve in a reserve role with the Angels, according to manager Mike Scioscia, and if he doesn't get enough at-bats he might get sent back to the Minors.

"Right now, he's going to be a reserve player for us," Scioscia said. "We're confident he can go out there and help us, but he won't be up here sitting for two weeks or three weeks without playing. If there's no role for him, then we'll have to reevaluate it."

No kidding. What's it going to hurt to put him at DH when their current DH has and OPS of .286???
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:49 am

Ender wrote:Scioscia is one of those guys who has a lot of success a manager but I always seem to disagree with the choices he makes. Hard to say if it is just the weak division giving him wins or him actually being right though~.

+1
Erick Aybar? :-S

rookies and cream wrote:From MLB.com

Maicer is made of crackers, so Wood might get a chance when he goes on his annual paid holiday. ;-7
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Yoda » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:05 am

Ender wrote:Scioscia is one of those guys who has a lot of success a manager but I always seem to disagree with the choices he makes. Hard to say if it is just the weak division giving him wins or him actually being right though~.

He is a good manager.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 am

so they brought up their best hitting prospect who was scolding the ball in AAA and have him riding the bench %-6 ... for what exact reason? the logic behind this move makes absolutely no sense at all... the offense needs some pop and he could easily outproduce aybar. not to mention he hasnt had the greatest success in his previous mlb debuts so at worst, by playing him, you could see where his progression is at and find out if he is infact ready to handle mlb pitching. but instead, they take him from playing everyday in the minors, to riding the bench in the majors :-t

he better be starting tomorrow!
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mt99808 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:57 am

I flipped this game on in the 7th and Aybar looked absolutely horrible in the field making all kinds of mistakes. Maybe that'll be enough to give Wood a start tomorrow night. Thing that sucks is with the Angels playing on the west coast its hard to find out if Wood will even start before all the east coast games get going.
mt99808
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:06 am

mt99808 wrote:I flipped this game on in the 7th and Aybar looked absolutely horrible in the field making all kinds of mistakes. Maybe that'll be enough to give Wood a start tomorrow night. Thing that sucks is with the Angels playing on the west coast its hard to find out if Wood will even start before all the east coast games get going.

yea i ran into that dilema today but i had wood at 3rd n threw guillen in his spot once i saw he wasnt starting but tomorrow i got noone else to put in his place so if he starts its just a bonus ;-D
10-Team 8x8 h2h

C VMart
1B MCab
2B Stewart
3B Zimmerman
SS Ramirez
OF Manny,BJUpton,Braun
Ut Rios
Ut Pierre
BN Quentin,Snider,Berkman,Bruce

SP Kershaw,Gallardo,Hanson,Liriano,Holland,JGarcia,Romero
RP KRod,Marmol,Feliz,Wagner,Dotel
DL BAnderson
NYMetsIn2k4
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hett2333 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:18 am

I wish the Angels would stop jerking this kid around. Why you would call up your top hitting prospect to ride the bench is beyond me. I can't wait til they send him back down in a few weeks! I wasn't aware the Angels were so stacked offensively they have no use for him in their starting lineup. If they don't want to play him, trade him...
hett2333
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers