Fantasyauctioneer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fantasyauctioneer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Fantasyauctioneer

Postby Matthias » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:07 pm

I posted this into a thread in Leftovers, but it probably deserves its own thread here.

I (like some others of you, undoubtably) got an e-mail from fantasyauctioneer this morning saying that they're not doing auctions this year. This is less of a disruption than in years past as CBS and ESPN have added their own auction software to their sites, but I figure it's still relevant to some.

Here's the e-mail in full.

Dear FantasyAuctioneer Patron,

As you may have noticed, our site hasn't been up in several months. Unfortunately, we've decided to go on hiatus until Baseball 2010. It was a very difficult decision; but we felt it was time for a massive upgrade to our technology. With the lessons we've learned over the last five years, next year's iteration will be light-years ahead of what you've seen. To this end, we’ve agreed to be acquired by RotoExperts. I will be joining the management team to oversee development of the Next Generation of FantasyAuctioneer.

RotoExperts has done some pretty amazing things in the year they’ve been in existence, including becoming a regular contributor to Yahoo!, SI.com, and USA Today Sports Weekly. This is absolutely unheard in the fantasy sports industry. I'm proud to join them to lead the redevelopment efforts. I hope you will keep in touch with the FantasyAuctioneer Team by joining the RotoExperts community. Through their forums you can lobby for your personal wish-list of features that our old system lacked. You can also be among the first to see this Next Generation system by signing up to be a beta tester.

As part of the effort, we are also working with RotoExperts to generate sales of their auction draft tracking software, Diamond Draft. Diamond Draft is a rock solid product built specifically for auction drafters like you. This will help us fund the development efforts so we can get started as soon as possible.

The software sells for $34.95, but FantasyAuctioneer customers can get it for only $29.95. I’ve provided a link below for you to use:

Fantasy Auctioneer Customer - Special Price

Only $29.95

Please don’t share this with anyone else, as this is meant as a special deal for you because of your support through the years. Soon, you’ll see that we’ve converted FantasyAuctioneer.com into a sell page for Diamond Draft, but it will have the normal price on it.

I hope you understand what we are trying to accomplish. We’ve put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into making FantasyAuctioneer a great site and tool for auction drafters. With the help of RotoExperts, we look forward to bringing it back bigger and better than ever. Thank you!

Sincerely,

George del Prado
Founder and Lead Designer
FantasyAuctioneer
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner