Rick Porcello - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Rick Porcello

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Rick Porcello

Postby Texas Flats » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:46 pm

RotOAddicT wrote:Anyone know when his next start is, And do you think he is going to stay with the team after ST?

I don't know when his next start is, but it looks like he'll get one more start before the season starts. With Willis on the DL with bad blood work, Bonderman to miss at least one start, and Miner and Robertson having been pretty bad this spring, I think Leyland has to be at least leaning toward bringing Porcello up, especially with his job on the line. Porcello's impressed this spring, and I'm keeping an eye on him until I hear news either way. This'll probably come right down to the end of spring training, so we may not know for sure until late next week.
Texas Flats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:43 pm

Porcello had a very good outing today:
5ip, 2h, 1bb, 2k, 1 unearned r

Nate Robertson's day, not so much:
3ip, 6h, 2bb, 2k, 5 earned r

This was likely both players final spring appearance. Its decision time.

Personally, I dont see a plan B. With injuries to Bonderman, Willis, and even Nate Robertson's recent injury, I dont think they have another option. The 20 year old phenom goes north with the big boys.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RotOAddicT » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:06 pm

;-D
RotOAddicT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby converge241 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 am

Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski announced Wednesday morning that Rick Porcello has earned a spot in the starting rotation.

Porcello, 20, posted a 2.63 ERA in 12 2/3 innings this spring. He was drafted in 2007 out of high school and hasn't made a pitch above Single-A, but the Tigers apparently think he's ready for a big challenge. He posted a 2.66 ERA and 1.19 WHIP in high Single-A Lakeland last season.

Theres a few different porcello threads bopping around and the above isnt NEWS but more commentary on it this morning. Maybe can get a merge of them all?
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 121)

Postby Texas Flats » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:55 am

converge241 wrote:
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski announced Wednesday morning that Rick Porcello has earned a spot in the starting rotation.

Porcello, 20, posted a 2.63 ERA in 12 2/3 innings this spring. He was drafted in 2007 out of high school and hasn't made a pitch above Single-A, but the Tigers apparently think he's ready for a big challenge. He posted a 2.66 ERA and 1.19 WHIP in high Single-A Lakeland last season.

Theres a few different porcello threads bopping around and the above isnt NEWS but more commentary on it this morning. Maybe can get a merge of them all?

I've been on the road this morning, I hadn't heard this. Ought to be fun to see how he does.

I haven't heard confirmation on this, but it looks like Miner gets the other open rotation spot and Robertson starts the year in the 'pen. Rotation looks like Verlander, Galarraga, Jackson, Miner, Porcello (in no particular order, but that's how I figure it'll work out.)

I don't know how what inning/pitch limits they'll put on Porcello, but I don't think they'll give him too much of a leash, not with him looking like the future ace of the staff...
Texas Flats
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby RotOAddicT » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:06 am

Rotoworld
Tigers general manager Dave Dombrowski announced Wednesday morning that Rick Porcello has earned a spot in the starting rotation. :-)
Porcello, 20, posted a 2.63 ERA in 12 2/3 innings this spring. He was drafted in 2007 out of high school and hasn't made a pitch above Single-A, but the Tigers apparently think he's ready for a big challenge. He posted a 2.66 ERA and 1.19 WHIP as a 19-year-old in high Single-A Lakeland last season. Porcello is an exciting talent, but fantasy owners might want to play the waiting game.
RotOAddicT
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates