Curtis Granderson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Curtis Granderson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Curtis Granderson

Postby JakeTrain72 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:23 am

I love Granderson's value right now. IMO Getting superior value in Runs at that point in a draft without losing much in the other categories makes him excellent value. I'm buying last year's second half where his AVG dropped but his K:BB, OBP and SLG all improved. getting 120 R with 25/15 is realistic and hard to pass up in the late 5th or early 6th
JakeTrain72
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:30 am

High and Inside wrote:Here's the problem with Grandy....it all starts with one of the worst managers in the game.

Jim Leyland has seen the game pass him by, he has no idea how to handle players like Grandy, Sheff, his pitching staff etc, etc. I could go on all night about hom much hate I have for Leyland but let's focus on the topic.

It is a well known that he struggles hitting southpaws....so what's the Marlboro Man do for the last few years...he limits his AB's against lefties... Grandy came very highly regarded and the only way he gets better is being in the lineup everyday vs southpaws....finally ol senile Jim keeps him in on a regular basis and Curtis hits about 60 pts higher than his lifetime avg after some playing time.

WOW...lightbulb... play the kid and he'll only get better. He has tremendous upside and is a steal in the 4th or 5th...he'll see even more AB's against lefties this year and with such a talent you can expect him to improve.

As for his SB's being down.... ol man JIm having no idea how to manage his team...Gawd I was praying for them to fire this twat after last years disaster but sure enough I'll have to endure one more year. I expect him to run quite a bit more this year as well.

I could easily see him winding up a Top 10 OF and an outside shot at a top 5 with a few more SB's.

I think the thing to keep in mind about Granderson, which is one of the key points here, is that he is ALWAYS trying to improve his game. He may not be the best against lefties. But, you better believe he's putting in the extra time to get better. He may not have the speed to steal 30. But, you better believe he's studying film to maximize his chances to get a great jump. He's just one of those guys who puts in the effort. That's why I touted him from the beginning.
"I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it."
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy Expert

Postby Sevon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:12 pm

If I remember correctly, didn't Granderson have a leg/hamstring injury to start off the season last year. As a result his doubles, triples and stolen bases were all down. Considering his game is all about speed, I think he should be able to rebound with a healthy year ahead. I would expect his numbers to fall more in line with his 2007 stat line. His BB/K rate improved last year and I think as a result his average should hover close to the .300 mark. I can see 25/25 being easily attainable. IMO, he represents good value for his ADP.
Sevon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jake_harv88 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Sevon wrote:If I remember correctly, didn't Granderson have a leg/hamstring injury to start off the season last year. As a result his doubles, triples and stolen bases were all down. Considering his game is all about speed, I think he should be able to rebound with a healthy year ahead. I would expect his numbers to fall more in line with his 2007 stat line. His BB/K rate improved last year and I think as a result his average should hover close to the .300 mark. I can see 25/25 being easily attainable. IMO, he represents good value for his ADP.

wait but granderson is under 6'3" :-?
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby rookies and cream » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:51 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:
Sevon wrote:If I remember correctly, didn't Granderson have a leg/hamstring injury to start off the season last year. As a result his doubles, triples and stolen bases were all down. Considering his game is all about speed, I think he should be able to rebound with a healthy year ahead. I would expect his numbers to fall more in line with his 2007 stat line. His BB/K rate improved last year and I think as a result his average should hover close to the .300 mark. I can see 25/25 being easily attainable. IMO, he represents good value for his ADP.

Good one Jake! Actually Grady got hit with a pitch during ST and broke a finger on his right hand.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby crimson knuckles » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:01 pm

The broken finger is what lowerd his overall production from the yr before in my opinion. He was red hot prior to the injury. He came back early but still his grip had to be effected. Great guy to target as comeback player
crimson knuckles
College Coach
College Coach

Postby RAmst23 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:01 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:

Oh threads referencing each other, it's why I spend 28437453 hours a week here...

And yea, ;-D Granderson. That's my contribution.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jake_harv88 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:41 pm

RAmst23 wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:

Oh threads referencing each other, it's why I spend 28437453 hours a week here...

And yea, ;-D Granderson. That's my contribution.

Is there a conversion rate between smileys and projections? :-?

Man I'm just chalk full of zingers today :-b
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 24)

Postby Sevon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:28 am

rookies and cream wrote:
jake_harv88 wrote:

Good one Jake! Actually Grady got hit with a pitch during ST and broke a finger on his right hand.

"No! No, no, not 6'3. I said 6'5. Nobody said anything about 6'3. 6'5 is the key number here. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby..."

On topic: Granderson was dealing with some type of leg issue during/after coming back from the broken finger. I believe that had to do more with the sapping of his speed. That and Leyland not giving him the green light as much last year for whatever reason.
Sevon
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers