SPs T. Hanson & T. Cahill - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

SPs T. Hanson & T. Cahill

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: SPs T. Hanson & T. Cahill

Postby steela2110 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:39 pm

Hanson is an absolute monster.... Cahill is a very good prospect, but Hanson is in a different league.... and I am from the Bay area!
steela2110
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby etraum » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Its official. T. Hanson beginning the year in the minors

News: Top Braves prospect Tommy Hanson was among eight players sent to the minors Thursday, leaving the team with 36 in camp. Hanson was 1-0 with a 2.45 ERA in four Grapefruit League games. Jo-Jo Reyes, who was 2-0 with a 2.08 ERA this spring, catcher Clint Sammons and shortstop Diory Hernandez were optioned to Triple-A Gwinnett, while Hanson, catcher Alvin Colina, shortstop Brandon Hicks, outfielder Jason Heyward and first baseman Freddie Freeman were reassigned to the minor-league camp.

I think he will be the first pitcher called up if there is an injury in the Braves pitching staff (ie Glavine or Kenshin Kawakami). I am stashing him on the bench.
etraum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:58 pm

i think everyone can admit hanson being sent to AAA is not a surprise at all. much like the price situation, this probably had something to do with arbitration eligibility and what not. like the above poster mentioned, he will most likely be the first in the rotation when someone gets injured unless they still believe in campillo, reyes, or morton.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TonightWeDineinHell » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Per Rotoworld:

Justin Duchscherer (elbow) didn't last an inning of a minor league game Thursday and is "virtually certain" to open the regular season on the disabled list, according to MLB.com

"My arm still isn't right," Duchscherer said Thursday. "I was fine warming up, but as soon as I started throwing at game speed, I knew I wasn't going to last long. It got worse on every pitch. I walked a guy and gave up two singles and a homer and just said, 'I can't pitch like this.'" His Opening Day assignment should fall to either Dallas Braden, Dana Eveland or Sean Gallagher.

I went out and picked up Cahill in just about every one of my leagues, dropping potential short term saves guys like Chad Cordero and Carlos Villanueva, or whoever my worst SP was, in the process. Hopefully he's the guy.
TonightWeDineinHell
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby etraum » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:52 pm

Justin Duchscherer is scheduled for surgery on his right elbow next week, manager Bob Geren told the San Francisco Chronicle.
It's not yet known exactly what's going on in Duchscherer's elbow, so there's no telling when he might pitch again. Without their ace, the A's are left with a rotation of Dallas Braden, Sean Gallagher, Dana Eveland and probably Trevor Cahill in the fourth slot. Barring a late acquisition, Brett Anderson looks like the favorite for the last opening. Mar. 27 - 7:16 pm et
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Now the question is: who's better Cahill or Anderson?
etraum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deejsixer » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:29 am

I watched Cahill last night and he was OK. He got thru 3 inning with ease, then gave up 4 in the 4th. He did not induce as many ground balls as he is known for and only struck out 2. A typlical performance fron a young kid with upside.
deejsixer
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:19 pm

deejsixer wrote:I watched Cahill last night and he was OK. He got thru 3 inning with ease, then gave up 4 in the 4th. He did not induce as many ground balls as he is known for and only struck out 2. A typlical performance fron a young kid with upside.

yeah but those first 3 innings were shutout ball, he looked pretty damn good IMO... alot of people think Anderson is the better prospect but i like Cahill better of the 2, Hanson is still the best of the 3 tho talent wise and he will show that later on this year when he finally gets his chance... and wow that A's rotation looks just about pitiful wah....

Great thanks to soto for the sweet sig!...
bazzy_51
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates